Best Eye Doctors In Citrus Heights, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Citrus Heights Optometrists in Citrus Heights, Citrus Heights, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Citrus Heights reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Citrus Heights.
7350 Madison Ave, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Customers speak highly of this eye care center, noting the quick, easy, and painless eye exams. Patients found the staff, especially Alicia, to be helpful, patient, and not pushy when selecting glasses. Customers also appreciated the competitive pricing and speedy service, with some receiving their glasses very quickly.
- Quick, easy, and pain-free eye exams
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff who take care of customers and provide personalized assistance
- Wide variety of frames and deals available for glasses
Oak Tree Optometry
11733 Fair Oaks Blvd, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Dr. Swan’s eye care center is consistently praised for its pleasant, professional staff, thorough eye exams, and Dr. Swan’s personable approach. Patients rave about the helpful, friendly staff, quality eyewear selection, and clean facility at Oak Tree Optometry. Reviewers highly recommend the practice and are willing to travel to continue receiving Dr. Swan’s excellent eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Patients appreciate the welcoming and kind atmosphere of the office.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviewers praise the doctors at this eye care center for their thoroughness and ability to answer all their questions. Patients feel confident in the care they receive and appreciate the time the doctors take to explain things.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mention that this eye care center has a good selection of frames to choose from. Patients with specific style preferences or petite faces note that they were able to find frames that suited their needs.
Patel Vision Group Fair Oaks
5345 Sunrise Blvd, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Dr. Patel provided exceptional care during eye exams at the well-equipped eye care center. Customers complimented the thorough exams, knowledgeable staff, and welcoming atmosphere. However, some mentioned high prices, poor customer service, and prescription issues.
- Exceptional care from Dr. Avani Patel, who provides thorough and personalized eye exams for both adults and children.
- Top-notch customer service at LensCrafters, with knowledgeable optometrists who explain the eye examination process thoroughly.
- Professional and friendly staff, as well as a thorough eye exam, at the Fair Oaks location, making it a recommended place for eye exams and glasses.
5959 Greenback Ln suite 120 & 130, Citrus Heights, CA 95621
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and comprehensive eye exams. Reviewers appreciate their modern technology and extensive eyewear selection. One customer did report an unsatisfactory interaction with a condescending optometrist.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and comprehensive, providing patients with a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The majority of reviewers praise the staff for their professionalism, friendliness, and expertise in answering questions and providing information.
- Modern equipment and technology: Several reviews highlight the use of advanced technology and modern equipment at the center, which enhances the overall experience and comfort of the eye exams.
5345 Sunrise Blvd, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Customers report excellent care and service at this eye center. Staff are repeatedly commended as friendly, helpful experts. Pricing is transparent with no pressure sales. Specific technicians Maria and Linda draw high praise. The 30-day return policy adds convenience. Patients strongly recommend this office for eye exams, glasses, and contacts.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff, including technicians, doctors, and associates. They provide personalized assistance in selecting frames, navigating insurance, and explaining exam results.
- Transparent pricing and promotions: Reviewers appreciate the transparent pricing and promotions at this location. They did not feel pressured into upsells and found the prices reasonable. The presence of a 30-day return exchange policy adds to the comfort of shopping here.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviewers praise the quick and efficient service they received at this location. They were able to complete their eye exams, choose frames, and have them made and fitted in a relatively short time. The staff, particularly Jesse and Sara, went above and beyond to accommodate guests even after closing hours.
5899 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
This eye care center is largely praised for its helpful, friendly staff and quality vision care. Many happy customers name specific employees, like Carolyn and Diane, who gave excellent service. However, some express frustration with assertive sales tactics and unexpected charges on the retail side. Overall, customers recommend this provider for affordable, quality eye care and a large glasses selection.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provide great customer service, offer advice on choosing frames, and take the time to explain options and costs.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers mention the fair prices and great deals offered at this eye care center. They appreciate the affordability of glasses, especially for children, and feel they are not pressured into purchasing unnecessary products.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the fast and efficient service provided by the eye care center. Reviewers mention that the entire process, from the eye exam to picking out frames, was quick and easy. They also appreciate that glasses were ready ahead of schedule.
Robert T. Wendel, MD
5775 Greenback Ln, Sacramento, CA 95841
Dr. Wendel receives consistent positive feedback for his expertise and caring approach. Patients describe the staff as friendly and professional, and appreciate the office’s organization. They feel informed and comfortable during visits, with Dr. Wendel providing clear explanations.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctor specializing in retinal care.
- Friendly and efficient staff who provide excellent service.
- Clear communication and thorough explanations of procedures and outcomes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in California
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 5.07% of Californians aged 40-64 were blind or had difficulty seeing, while 8.23% of those aged 65 and older experienced the same visual impairments. in California, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in California
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in California.
- The The percentage of people in California with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In California in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (7.03%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.89%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.14%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in California
- In California, 4.89% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in California
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.11% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in California face even higher rates at 8.23%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in California
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in California.
- 11.5% of those with diabetes and 7.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in California
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.81% of children in California having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.5% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in California
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.89% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in California.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.