Best Eye Doctors In Chico, CA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Chico Optometrists in Chico, Chico, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Chico reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Chico.
Chico Eye Center
3401 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95973, United States
Positive patient feedback highlights the friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, caring and approachable doctors, and quality care received. The new facility offers ample parking and is well-organized.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff: Many reviewers praised the doctors and staff at the eye care center for their professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness.
- Convenient new facility and ample parking: The eye care center recently moved to a new building that offers plenty of parking. Reviewers appreciated the spacious and well-organized facility.
- Positive experiences with specific doctors: Several reviewers specifically mentioned positive experiences with specific doctors, highlighting their patience, kindness, and expertise in treating eye problems.
Reeve Woods Eye Center
280 Cohasset Rd, Chico, CA 95926, United States
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, professional staff and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough eye exams. The office is clean and up-to-date. A few negative reviews mention incorrect prescriptions and rushed appointments, which may lead some to consider other options. Overall, Drs. Woods and Reeve come highly recommended for their expertise and care.
- Friendly and professional staff who explain tests and answer questions.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors who provide excellent care and have expertise in cataract surgery.
- State-of-the-art equipment and an optical department available on-site.
Family Eye Care
2565 Ceanothus Ave #155, Chico, CA 95973, United States
Family Eye Care is highly recommended for their attentive care, comprehensive eye exams, and friendly staff. Customers appreciate the wide selection of eyewear, insurance guidance, and overall excellent service, with the exception of one negative review citing issues with a particular employee and contacting insurance.
- Thorough and knowledgeable care: Family Eye Care is praised for providing thorough and knowledgeable care. They have caught critical diagnoses that were overlooked by other offices and explain things in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Family Eye Care is described as friendly, kind, compassionate, and professional. They take the time to answer questions and address concerns, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
Peach Tree Vision
114 Mission Ranch Blvd, Chico, CA 95926, United States
Customers describe this eye care center’s staff as friendly and knowledgeable. Many highly recommend the place for quick, thorough eye exams and a great selection of eyeglasses. A few negative reviews cite issues with insurance, communication and long wait times.
- Friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and welcoming. They make patients feel comfortable and are patient with children.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers commented on the fast and easy eye exams performed by knowledgeable and helpful doctors. This suggests that the eye care center provides efficient services without compromising on quality.
- Great eyeglass selection and pricing: Many reviewers appreciated the wide selection of eyeglasses available at this location, and that they were priced the same. This makes choosing a frame easier and more convenient for customers.
1931 E 20th St #20, Chico, CA 95928, United States
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their quick appointment booking, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and wide glasses selection. A few negative reviews cite issues with sunglass tints, impersonal remote exams, and order accuracy. However the positive reviews highlighting the center’s helpful service outweigh any negatives.
- Quick and easy appointment booking process.
- Wide selection of glasses available.
- Friendly and helpful staff members.
- Same-day glasses service available.
- Affordable prices and great deals, even without insurance.
- Knowledgeable and confident optometrists during eye exams.
- Excellent customer service and patient care.
- Efficient turnaround time for glasses orders.
- Clean and well-organized store with a good selection of frames.
- Attentiveness to customer preferences and needs.
Chico Vision Care Optometry
2109 Forest Ave # 50, Chico, CA 95928, United States
The eye care center provides efficient, quick service with friendly, helpful staff in a clean, organized environment. Customers appreciate the professional, competent doctors who adeptly handle challenging prescriptions and conduct informative, comfortable exams. Many also note the affordable selection of frames and lenses and the exceptional customer service when selecting eyewear.
- Quick, efficient, and informative yearly check-ups.
- New eye imaging machine that eliminates the need for dilation.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are accommodating to individuals with disabilities.
- Excellent customer service and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Convenient location with plenty of free parking.
- Well-versed in insurance billing process and offer a wide selection of frames at reasonable prices.
- Helpful in referring to specialized eye care professionals when needed.
- Meticulous and attentive in adjusting and repairing frames to save customers money.
Heidi E. Houlihan, MD
605 W East Ave, Chico, CA 95926, United States
The eye care center employs a skilled optometrist who takes time to listen to patients’ concerns. While online reviews note the doctor’s attentiveness and expertise, a few mention lengthy wait times. Overall, the positive feedback indicates patients appreciate this provider’s respectful bedside manner and quality care.
- The doctor at this eye care center is highly praised for being amazing, attentive, and a great listener. This means that patients can expect to receive personalized and thorough care.
- The positive feedback suggests that the doctor at this location is well-liked, which indicates a high level of trust and confidence in their ability to provide excellent eye care and exams.
Retina Consultants Medical Group – Chico
2460 Beacon St, Chico, CA 95928, United States
The eye care center received mixed reviews. One patient felt pressured to enroll in an assistance program and had issues with the staff and doctor. However, Dr. Medina was praised for his skill in treating a detached retina, and Dr. Cupp’s patients complimented the professional, knowledgeable staff.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled doctors: Reviewers consistently mentioned the expertise and exceptional abilities of the eye care center's doctors, particularly Dr. Medina and Dr. Cupp, in addressing complex eye conditions such as detached retinas.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the center's staff for being patient, kind, and knowledgeable. They noted that the staff ensures all questions and concerns are addressed, provides service on time, and creates a professional and pleasant atmosphere.
- Clean and well-maintained facilities: Reviewers mentioned that the waiting room was spacious, clean, and maintained a professional atmosphere. This contributes to a positive overall experience for visitors seeking eye care and eye exams.
Clarke David E OD
2565 Ceanothus Ave #155, Chico, CA 95973, United States
Most reviewers had positive experiences with Dr. David Clarke, highlighting his calm and thorough examinations and willingness to answer questions. However, one reviewer expressed disappointment regarding displayed insensitivity from the doctor and office manager about an employee’s illness and job loss. Another patient remarked on the speed and care shown when removing a foreign object from their eye.
- Dr. David Clarke is calm, friendly, thorough, and answers all questions clearly and completely.
- The staff and office environment are pleasant and inviting.
- Dr. Clarke is gentle, works quickly, and explains everything well.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in California
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 5.07% of Californians aged 40-64 were blind or had difficulty seeing, while 8.23% of those aged 65 and older experienced the same visual impairments. in California, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in California
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in California.
- The The percentage of people in California with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In California in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (7.03%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.89%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.14%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in California
- In California, 4.89% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in California
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.11% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in California face even higher rates at 8.23%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in California
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in California.
- 11.5% of those with diabetes and 7.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in California
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.81% of children in California having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.5% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in California
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.89% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in California.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.