Best LASIK Surgeon In San Francisco
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 35 Lasik Surgeons in San Francisco, CA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2848 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Lasik surgeon in San Francisco.
Drs. Hiura & Hiura Optometrists
1418 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109
People feel that Drs. Hiura & Hiura Optometrists are caring and satisfactory, that their advice is etremely through, that they are professional in every aspect, and that they exceed expectations. They also feel that the team is amazing and super accommodating.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctors and staff.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and provide excellent care.
- The business is well run and clean.
- The team always exceeds expectations.
San Francisco Eye Institute
711 Van Ness Ave #310, San Francisco, CA 94102
People feel that San Francisco Eye Institute is a great place to go for eye surgery, and that the doctors are very skilled. They also appreciate the office's friendly atmosphere. Some people have had problems with other staff members at the institute, but Dr. Liu always takes care of them.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the San Francisco Eye Institute.
- The doctors are very skilled in their field, and they take the time to explain everything to you.
- The office is very organized and efficient, making it easy for you to get appointments and follow through with your treatment.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
Eyes On Twenty-Fourth Optometry
4080 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94114
People feel that Eyes On Twenty-Fourth Optometry is a great place to go for an eye exam, with staff being friendly and helpful. They also feel that the doctor is thorough and efficient. People also appreciate that they have a warranty on their lenses.
- People feel safe and comfortable at Eyes on Twenty-Fourth.
- The optometrists are knowledgeable and take the time to explain everything to their patients.
- There is a great selection of glasses and lenses available at Eyes on Twenty Fourth.
- The office is beautiful and sunny, making it a pleasant experience to visit.
NeoVision Eye Center
2 Union Square, Union City, CA 94587
People feel that NeoVision Eye Center provides excellent service, has a good selection of frames and lenses, offers reasonable prices, is thorough and answers all questions, provides top-notch after care follow up appointments, and is friendly. Some people feel that the place can be a bit messy at times.
- People feel VIP when visiting NeoVision Eye Center.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
- Prices are reasonable.
- Dr Tandon is an excellent doctor who takes care of her patients.
530 Bush St #101, San Francisco, CA 94108
People feel that City Optometry is helpful, efficient, and friendly. They appreciate the high level of professionalism exhibited by both doctors. Some people mention that they have been going to this location for many years and it has always been an excellent experience.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when visiting this business.
- The staff is very friendly and accommodating, always willing to help.
- The doctors are highly skilled and knowledgeable, able to provide excellent service.
- This business provides excellent service at a very reasonable price.
L Bruce Mebine OD & Associates
340 W Portal Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127
People feel that L Bruce Mebine OD & Associates is a great place to go for eye care, with knowledgeable staff and excellent doctors. They appreciate that the office is open in COVID-19, and are happy with the help they received getting Medicare glasses. The receptionists are also praised for being friendly and helpful.
- People feel welcome and competent.
- Dr. Mebine is an outstanding ophthalmologist.
- The office is well organized and always on time.
- The optician is great; fittings are easy and he can fix anything that I have broken.
- Mark and Angela help you to pick out your frames and they both help you to choose what will look good on you and get you the best deal possible.
- If you need something quick, they are on it!
100 1st St #145, San Francisco, CA 94105
People feel that Lunettes Optometric is a welcoming place with competent care. They appreciate the variety of frames and helpfulness of the staff. Patients feel that they are always accommodated and that Dr. Garley Leon is friendly and informative.
- People feel very welcomed and comfortable when visiting this optometrist.
- The team is very experienced and knowledgeable, making for an excellent eye exam.
- They offer a variety of services to their patients, including frame selection and insurance advice.
Emily Sarah Charlson M.D., Ph.D.
2100 Webster St #214, San Francisco, CA 94115
People feel that Emily Sarah Charlson M.D., Ph.D. is a very competent and talented ophthalmologic surgeon, that she did a bilateral eyelid surgery to improve my peripheral vision, that Dr. Charlson is kind, patient and people oriented, that her work is outstanding, and that I am only a week out of the surgery and the results are amazing. People feel grateful to have been in Dr. Charlson's care for such sensitive and life-critical procedures.
- People feel that Dr. Charlson is competent and talented in her field of ophthalmology.
- She has a kind, patient, and people oriented personality which makes her easy to work with.
- Her work as a surgeon is outstanding and she has an eye for detail which makes her able to provide clear explanations of what is happening during surgery.
- She has successfully treated thyroid eye disease and the experience was positive overall.
- She is highly recommended by those who have had dealings with her.
Pacific Vision Institute
1 Daniel Burnham Ct Suite 170-C, San Francisco, CA 94109
People feel that Pacific Vision Institute is a great place to go for LASIK surgery, and that the staff is very helpful and informative. They also mention that the results of the surgery are life-changing, and recommend it to others. Some people note that they had some apprehension before their procedure, but were quickly put at ease by Dr. Faktorovich. They also mention how grateful they are to have found this clinic, as it has made a huge difference in their vision.
- People feel very confident in the hands of Dr. Faktorovich and her team
- The surgery is very smooth and painless
- Results are life changing
- Highly recommend to anyone considering LASIK
Denny Eye & Laser Center
711 Van Ness Ave Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94102
People feel that Denny Eye & Laser Center is professional and kind, with excellent communication and care. They are impressed by the efficiency of the process and transparency of Dr. Denny. People feel lucky to have found this group of dedicated professionals. Dr. Matthew Denny, Dr. Ngo, and Elton stand out as incredible, thoughtful clinicians. They are as personable as they are skilled and really everyone in this office seems happy, a rarity these days
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this clinic.
- The staff is very professional and attentive to patients' needs.
- The surgery was very smooth and efficient, with minimal pain involved.
- Dr. Denny is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and provide them with the best possible care.
1844 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94115
People feel that AccuVision Optometry is great because of the service they receive, the quality of the care, and the friendliness of the staff. They also appreciate that AccuVision Optometry offers a wide variety of eyewear to choose from and is very helpful in explaining results.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting AccuVision Optometry.
- The staff is very helpful and informative.
- There is a wide variety of eyewear to choose from, which makes finding the right pair of glasses easy.
- The office is clean and organized, making it easy to find what you're looking for.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article