Best Eye Doctors In Searcy, AR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Searcy Optometrists in Searcy, Searcy, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Searcy reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Searcy.
Global Eye Care
4101 S 1st St, Cabot, AR 72023
The majority of reviews applaud the clinic’s courteous and well-informed staff, comprehensive eye exams, and support in selecting eyewear. However, a few reviews cite incorrect details regarding insurance and costs. In general, the clinic comes highly recommended for its professional and welcoming environment.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Many reviewers praised the clinic staff for being polite, pleasant, respectful, and knowledgeable about the eye exam process. They were also patient when it came to helping customers pick out glasses.
- Thorough and Professional Eye Exams: Customers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location. They felt that their questions were answered, and they didn't feel rushed during the exam. The staff was also described as professional and knowledgeable.
- Comfortable and Accommodating Environment: Reviewers mentioned feeling comfortable and relaxed during their appointments. Special attention was given to pregnant customers, ensuring they received an eye exam that wouldn't potentially harm their babies. The overall atmosphere was described as friendly and upbeat.
Little Rock Eye Clinic North
4104 Richards Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72117
The first review voices frustration over login issues with the patient portal and unanswered requests. However, most reviews praise the knowledgeable, professional doctors and friendly staff for an overall positive patient experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Many reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, such as Dr. DeClue, Dr. Brown, and Dr. Burk, are knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They take the time to explain things well and address patients' concerns.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and welcoming staff at this location. From the front desk to the optical department, the staff is described as kind, courteous, and helpful.
- Minimal wait times: Multiple reviews mention that the wait times at this eye care center are minimal, allowing patients to have a prompt and efficient experience.
Batesville Eye Care Center
2615 Harrison St, Batesville, AR 72501
Patients praise Batesville Eye Care Center’s knowledgeable and friendly doctors James Davis and Mark and the professional yet familial staff. The enjoyable, accommodating environment also receives positive mentions.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and welcoming environment at Batesville Eye Care Center. They appreciate how the staff treats them like family and goes above and beyond to meet their needs.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams at this location. Customers feel confident in the level of care they receive and appreciate the knowledgeable and experience of the doctors.
- Professional and knowledgeable: Customers appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the staff at Batesville Eye Care Center. They trust the doctors and appreciate their ability to explain things clearly and answer any questions or concerns.
Heber Springs Eye Care
111 E Front St, Heber Springs, AR 72543
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, thorough exams, and helpful frame selection. A few reviews mentioned expensive pricing, unhelpful staff, and prescription accuracy issues. Overall it is well recommended for quality eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, kind, and patient, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the doctors being thorough during their eye exams, taking the time to explain everything and address any concerns or questions.
- New facility: The newly built office is praised for being amazing, providing a pleasant environment for patients.
9300 Brockington Rd, Sherwood, AR 72120
This eye care center is lauded for accommodating families, with pediatric and adult eye exams available. The staff is depicted as professional, amicable, and supportive. However, one review cites an inaccurate diagnosis and prescription, advising readers to explore other optometrists. Dr. Kim draws devoted patients who value her knowledge and staff’s congenial service.
- Family-friendly: This eye care center is suitable for the entire family, including both children and adults.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center are highly professional and friendly, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- Effective diagnosis and treatment: The optometrist at this eye care center has been praised for accurately diagnosing vision problems and providing appropriate prescriptions, leading to improved vision for patients.
Cabot Family Eye Care
32 S Pine St #1, Cabot, AR 72023
The eye care center earned rave reviews for its friendly and helpful staff, fast yet comprehensive exams, and exceptional customer service. Patients appreciated the doctors’ expertise and attentiveness. The staff excelled at selecting frames and ensuring a smooth, enjoyable visit. Patients widely recommend this professional, efficient center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They are praised for their kindness, patience, and dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Quick and thorough exams: Many reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the eye exams at this center. They report being in and out quickly, without feeling rushed, and remark on the thoroughness of the examinations conducted by Dr. Livengood.
- Great selection of frames and contact lenses: Several reviews highlight the positive experience of choosing frames or contact lenses at this center. The staff is described as knowledgeable, patient-centered, and honest in helping customers find the perfect fit and style.
Beebe Family Eye Care
905 McAfee Medical Cir, Beebe, AR 72012
The eye care center is well-regarded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and personalized care. Customers compliment the convenient location and help choosing eyeglass frames.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and competent staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Convenient location: The eye care center is conveniently located in Beebe, making it easily accessible for the residents of the area.
- Personalized service: The staff spends time assisting patients in finding eyeglass frames that suit their features and lifestyle, ensuring a customized experience.
Hertzog Family Eye Care
1004 S Pine St, Cabot, AR 72023
One negative review highlighted poor cleanliness and improper prescription adjustments. However, most other reviews were positive – noting friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough exams and professionalism, though a couple mentioned high pricing and communication issues.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the kindness and professionalism of the front desk staff, technicians, and doctors.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were comprehensive and thorough. They appreciated the detailed explanations provided by the optometrist and felt that their concerns were addressed.
- Trustworthy and caring doctors: Some reviewers specifically mentioned their trust in the expertise and professionalism of the doctors at this eye care center. They felt that the doctors were knowledgeable, caring, and passionate about providing the best care for their patients.
Eye Physicians & Surgeons
521 Marshall Rd, Jacksonville, AR 72076
Dr. Ergle is highly regarded for his skill in putting children at ease during exams and explaining complex eye information in understandable terms. His staff frequently impress patients with their friendliness and knowledge. Accessibility for disabled patients and occasional receptionist rudeness drew some critique. Overall Dr. Ergle and his team come very recommended for their caring service.
- Highly personable and friendly doctors who make the eye exam process enjoyable, especially for children.
- Knowledgeable and skilled staff who provide excellent care and have saved the vision of patients.
Schmucker Tracey MD
105 Central Ave, Searcy, AR 72143
The highly-regarded eye care center led by Dr. Tracy receives outstanding reviews from adults and children for their amazing staff and commitment to excellence. Patients commend Dr. Schumacher’s caring approach and accessibility. Dr. Schucker’s expertise and knowledge in her field make her a top doctor.
- Highly recommended for adults and children.
- Doctors are knowledgeable, thorough, and caring.
- Staff is amazing and provides excellent service.
Cecil E. Watts, OD
2914 Hawkins Dr, Searcy, AR 72143
Dr. Watts and his friendly staff provide great service at this eye care center. Online access to prescriptions is a standout feature. Patients commend Dr. Watts’ skills and gentle manner, making him a trusted choice for eye care needs of adults and children alike.
- Dr. Watts and the staff are highly recommended for eye care.
- They provide online access to prescription information, which is not offered by some other places.
- Dr. Watts is praised for being a skilled and personable optometrist.
Quinn Cynthia D MD
2225 State Hwy 110 W, Heber Springs, AR 72543
Dr. Quinn provides timely specialist appointments and attentive care, even meeting a patient on Saturday to assist with an eye issue. Ms. Cynthia’s pleasant and skilled approach ensures positive experiences, including during emergencies. Both are recommended for their dedication.
- Dr. Quinn is thorough and proactive in referring patients to specialists, potentially saving their vision.
- Dr. Quinn is accessible and accommodating, even offering weekend appointments and providing immediate care for emergencies.
- Ms. Cynthia is highly skilled and ensures a pain-free experience, with a friendly and caring personality.
Bailey, Finis C
2033 E Race Ave, Searcy, AR 72143
Dr. Bailey’s patients consistently compliment his thorough exams and clear explanations. His attentive manner puts patients at ease, and they feel he addresses all their concerns. Patients also speak highly of the caring office staff. Many loyal patients routinely make appointments here, saying they wouldn’t consider going anywhere else.
- Thorough and explanatory doctor: Dr. F. Bailey is highly praised for being thorough during eye exams and for taking the time to explain the procedures and necessary steps to the patients.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The office staff at this eye care center is described as great, indicating that they are friendly and provide attentive service to the patients.
- Repeat appointments and loyal customers: As stated by one reviewer, they booked their 4th appointment at this eye care center, demonstrating a high level of satisfaction and loyalty to the place, suggesting that it provides consistent quality care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arkansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arkansas aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.44, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 8.75. in Arkansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arkansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arkansas.
- The In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (12.1%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5 percentage points. and In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.94%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, 6.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arkansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.25% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.44% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arkansas face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arkansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arkansas.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 9.94% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arkansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.71% of children in Arkansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arkansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arkansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.