Best Eye Doctors In North Little Rock, AR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed North Little Rock Optometrists in North Little Rock, North Little Rock, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze North Little Rock reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in North Little Rock.
Little Rock Eye Clinic
201 Executive Ct A, Little Rock, AR 72205
This eye clinic provides knowledgeable and professional care from doctors whom customers consistently commend. The staff earns praise for kindness, helpfulness and patience. A couple concerns were longer waits and higher costs. Still, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend this clinic for comprehensive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center has a knowledgeable and professional team of doctors and staff members who take their time to explain everything clearly during the eye exam.
- Excellent experience for children: One review specifically mentions that the eye care center provided a great experience for their children, with engaging and patient doctors who made the eye exams fun and easy.
- Thorough and caring doctors: Several reviews highlight that the doctors at the eye care center are thorough in their examinations and take the time to address any concerns or questions, showing care and empathy towards their patients.
112 S University Ave, Little Rock, AR 72205
The first reviewer felt misled by the “free” eye exam offer and was unhappy with the limited frame selection. The second greatly enjoyed their eye exam with Dr. John Choate. The third was pleased with the customer service, ease of scheduling appointments, and reasonable pricing for exams and eyewear.
- Friendly staff and great customer service - Several reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, who provide excellent customer service. They greet customers warmly and take the time to assist with frame selection or answer questions.
- Quick and efficient eye exam - Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams were fast and efficient, taking about 20 minutes or less. This can be a pro for those who prefer a quick and seamless experience.
- Affordable prices and deals - Many reviewers mention that they received good deals on glasses and eye exams, with some mentioning promotions like buy one get one free or discounted prices. This can be a pro for those looking for affordable eye care options.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
10809 Executive Center Dr Suite 201, Little Rock, AR 72211
This eye care center is lauded for its friendly staff, clean facility, and welcoming atmosphere. Numerous customers praise the rapid, painless LASIK procedures and professional, knowledgeable doctors. However, some critique the financing options, including lender Care Credit. Overall, this is a strongly recommended eye care center for those considering LASIK or other vision correction procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They take the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Clean and calm atmosphere: Reviewers appreciated the clean and calm atmosphere of the facility. They mentioned feeling at ease and less nervous due to the positive and relaxing environment.
- Quick and efficient procedures: Several reviews mentioned that the procedures, such as lasik surgery, were quick and efficient. Patients experienced minimal discomfort and were able to see immediate improvements in their vision.
Little Rock Eye Clinic North
4104 Richards Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72117
The eye care center provides friendly, professional, and knowledgeable doctors who satisfy customers with thorough eye exams and answer their questions. Patients also describe the welcoming staff and clean, comfortable environment positively.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Many reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for their knowledge, friendliness, and professionalism. They appreciated the doctors taking the time to answer questions and address their concerns.
- Welcoming and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the center, including the front desk and optical department, were friendly, courteous, and professional. They felt welcomed and well taken care of during their visits.
- Minimal wait times and efficient service: Some reviewers commented on the minimal wait times and efficient service they received at this eye care center. They appreciated not feeling rushed and being able to address their concerns thoroughly during their visits.
203 N University Ave #160, Little Rock, AR 72205
Reviewers praise the eye care center for its fast and friendly service, knowledgeable staff who go the extra mile, and excellent selection of high-end frames, creating an overall positive patient experience.
- Fast and hospitable service: One reviewer mentioned that they were able to get an eye exam, pick out frames, and have them ready in just one hour, which is great for those with busy schedules.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the customer service at this eye care center, mentioning specific employees who were friendly, helpful, and patient in assisting them with their glasses and lens needs.
- Knowledgeable staff: Reviewers highlighted the knowledge and professionalism of the staff, particularly in assisting with insurance-related inquiries and explaining benefits.
McFarland Eye Care
9800 Baptist Health Dr #301, Little Rock, AR 72205
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the professional, friendly staff, comprehensive exams, and expertise of doctors like Hooper, Willett and Brogdon. The only criticisms were for the new electronic check-in and some patients preferring more personal interaction.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Patients appreciate the thoroughness and knowledge of the doctors, ensuring no stone is left unturned in their eye exams. They feel confident in the care they receive.
- Great customer service: Reviewers mention the helpfulness and patience of the staff, making sure to answer all questions and assist with insurance information. The overall customer service experience is highly rated.
Progressive Eye Center & Boutique
2520 Crestwood Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72116
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff and doctors. While a few customers cite billing issues and poor communication from the office manager, most praise the center’s thorough exams, quality service, clean and modern facilities, and wide selection of eyeglasses.
- Professional and friendly staff: The reviews consistently mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, making customers feel welcomed and comfortable during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The reviews highlight the expertise of the eye doctors, specifically Dr. Jarrard and Dr. Smith, who take their time to explain and listen to the patients' concerns. They are praised for their thoroughness in examining the eyes and providing informative recommendations.
- Convenient and efficient service: Many reviewers appreciate the fast and efficient service provided by the eye care center, from the front desk to finding the right glasses. The center is also commended for offering convenient billing options and working with insurance coverage.
Little Rock Eye Clinic West
4200 Rodney Parham Rd #101, Little Rock, AR 72212
The eye care center is lauded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, clean and welcoming facilities, thorough eye exams, and compassionate, professional doctors who provide personalized attention without pressuring patients to purchase glasses or contacts. Patients also appreciate the clinic’s prompt and efficient service.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews mentioned that the doctors, particularly Dr. Criswell and Dr. Blair, exceeded expectations and provided thorough and informative eye exams.
- Courteous and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, welcoming, and professional. They felt that the staff members put the patients' needs first and provided compassionate care.
- Efficient and quick service: A few reviewers mentioned that the clinic had a small number of doctors, which allowed for quicker and more efficient service. They appreciated the promptness and lack of high-pressure sales tactics for glasses and contacts.
Success Vision Express
4120 E McCain Blvd Ste 104, North Little Rock, AR 72117
Success Vision eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for friendly staff, affordable eye exams and glasses. A few customers experienced issues with prescriptions and wait times. Overall, Success Vision offers a good experience.
- Affordable prices: Customers mentioned that they were able to get eye exams and multiple pairs of glasses for under $100, making it a great deal.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center were consistently praised for being friendly, knowledgeable, and going the extra mile to assist customers.
- Fast service: Many reviewers mentioned that they received their glasses quickly, with some even mentioning that they were ready the same day they ordered them.
305 E Kiehl Ave, Sherwood, AR 72120
Patients laud the eye doctors here, Dr. Huckabee and Dr. Boyette especially, for their detailed eye exam explanations and caring, friendly manner. The staff, Jordan Cordell in particular, earn accolades for superb service, helpfulness and professionalism. This eye care center gives patients an efficient, welcoming experience.
- Dr. Huckabee and Dr. Boyette provide exceptional service and are highly knowledgeable, caring, and thorough during eye exams.
- The office staff, including Jordan Cordell, is friendly, helpful, and goes above and beyond to assist with vision needs, including selecting glasses and contacts.
- The entire staff is professional, friendly, and provides a great experience from the moment you walk in, with short wait times and a sense of genuine care for your needs.
Amerine Eye Care NLR
4120 E McCain Blvd Ste 104, North Little Rock, AR 72117
Most customers had a positive experience at the eye care center, highlighting the organized staff, friendly service, and knowledgeable doctors. However, a few reviewers encountered unhelpful or rude staff, long wait times, and subpar care. The center seems to satisfy most patrons but has room for improvement in responsiveness and care quality.
- Friendly and Efficient Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is friendly, professional, and efficient. They provide a positive and pleasant experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable Doctors: Several reviews highlight the expertise and professionalism of the eye specialists and doctors at the center. They are dedicated, specific in their exams, and take the time to explain and listen to patients' concerns.
- Convenient Appointment Options: The eye care center offers both walk-in and appointment options, providing flexibility and convenience for patients. This is especially appreciated by those who found it difficult to get timely appointments elsewhere.
500 S University Ave # 702, Little Rock, AR 72205
Dr. Noh’s patients report improved dry eye symptoms and less reliance on drops due to her attentive diagnosis and clear explanations of underlying eye issues. Her depth of knowledge and caring manner empower patients towards better eye health.
- Dr. Noh is knowledgeable and compassionate, taking the time to understand and explain the cause of dry eye problems.
- Patients have seen significant improvement in dry eye symptoms and have been able to stop using eye drops after treatments with Dr. Noh.
- Dr. Noh offers a variety of treatments for dry eyes, including IPL treatment and intraductal probing, providing relief and comfort to patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arkansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arkansas aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.44, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 8.75. in Arkansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arkansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arkansas.
- The In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (12.1%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5 percentage points. and In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.94%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, 6.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arkansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.25% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.44% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arkansas face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arkansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arkansas.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 9.94% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arkansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.71% of children in Arkansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arkansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arkansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.