Best Eye Doctors In Jonesboro, AR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Jonesboro Optometrists in Jonesboro, Jonesboro, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Jonesboro reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Jonesboro.
1801 Red Wolf Blvd Ste 101, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Eye Mart Express receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and prompt service. Customers can select from a wide variety of frames and often receive completed glasses within the hour. The exceptional customer experience makes this a highly recommended eye care center.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center is described as friendly, patient, and helpful. They take the time to assist customers in choosing glasses and answer any questions they may have.
- Quick turnaround time: Many reviewers mention that their glasses were made and ready for pickup within an hour. This speedy service allows customers to get their eyewear quickly and conveniently.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciate the variety of frames available at this eye care center, allowing them to find the perfect pair of glasses that suits their style and preferences.
Hilltop Eyecare PLLC & Optical: Optometrists Doctors Jacob & Megan Moll
3705 E Johnson Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Hilltop EyeCare receives mostly positive reviews for their thorough, professional eye exams and friendly, helpful staff. Customers highlight the personalized service and knowledgeable doctors. A couple negative reviews cite disappointment with a warranty policy and concerns about a previous purchase, but overall most customers highly recommend Hilltop EyeCare for meeting their eye care needs.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The doctors at Hilltop EyeCare are praised for their thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to explain the procedures and results, ensuring that patients understand their eye health.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff's friendliness and helpfulness. Patients feel welcomed and supported throughout their visit, from the receptionist addressing them by name to the staff assisting with frame selection.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at Hilltop EyeCare are described as professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. They use advanced technology and stay up-to-date with the latest vision needs to provide top-notch care to their patients.
Arkansas Eye Site
800 Professional Acres Dr, Jonesboro, AR 72401
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, patient, and knowledgeable doctors and staff. A few negative reviews cite long wait times and issues receiving glasses by mail. However, their thorough eye exams and supportive frame selection process lead to strong recommendations overall.
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Excellent Eye Doctors: Reviews praise the eye doctors for their professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to address concerns and explain results to patients.
- Wide Selection of Frames: The eye care center offers a vast selection of brand-name frames, providing patients with abundant options to choose from for their eyeglasses.
Fletcher Family Eyecare
1817 Executive Square, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Dr. Fletcher receives mostly positive feedback for attentive, friendly service and thorough eye care. While one reviewer did have issues ordering contacts and felt pressured about add-ons, he is largely recommended for his pleasant office and quality care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and attentive. They provide excellent customer service and ensure top-quality care.
- Thorough and patient-focused care: Many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this center. The eye care professionals take the time to ask questions, address concerns, and explain everything in detail. They prioritize the needs and comfort of their patients.
Mid-South Retina Associates
820 E Matthews Ave # E, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Multiple reviewers highly recommend Dr. Williams and his team at the eye care center for their professionalism, expertise, and clear communication. The friendly, accommodating staff helps patients feel comfortable. However, some experienced long wait times and insufficient staff communication. In general, reviewers indicate positive experiences and quality care from the knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, who go out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and expertise. They take the time to answer questions, explain things clearly, and provide comprehensive care.
- Thorough examinations: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the examinations and the opportunity to ask questions and receive comprehensive answers. The staff is also described as competent and efficient.
- Note: These pros have been condensed and synthesized from the given reviews.
Charles Retina Institute
601 E Matthews Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Patients report satisfaction with Dr. Huddleston and staff, citing short wait times and improved service. They describe the doctor as competent and caring in treating conditions like macular holes and detachments. His staff is courteous, making patients feel cared for, though some note discomfort from necessary injections. Overall, patients recommend this clinic for its excellent doctor and service.
- Short wait times: Multiple reviews mention that the wait times at the eye care center are minimal, indicating efficient service.
- Dr. Huddleston and his staff are highly praised: Reviewers consistently commend Dr. Huddleston and his staff for their competence, kindness, and helpfulness.
- Successful surgeries: Numerous reviews highlight successful eye surgeries performed by Dr. Huddleston, giving confidence to prospective patients seeking surgical interventions.
St. Pierre Eye Care
2917 Browns Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Patients appreciate the professional and friendly staff, Dr. St. Pierre’s expertise, efficient service, quick glasses turnaround, and on-site production. The eye care center garners excellent reviews overall and comes highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and friendly eye doctor: Dr. Lee St. Pierre is praised for being professional, down to earth, and attentive to patients' vision needs. He is also great with kids.
- Efficient and friendly staff: Many reviews mention the staff being courteous, helpful, and caring. Patients appreciate the friendly atmosphere of the eye care center.
Elite Eyecare & Optical
2100 E Highland Dr Suite 100, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Customers reported thorough eye exams and attentive optometrists at Elite Eyecare & Optical. They appreciated the friendly staff. However, some customers experienced long wait times, insurance issues, confusing rebate information, and inconsistent staff knowledge.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Elite Eyecare is friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and answer all their questions.
- Thorough eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at Elite Eyecare. The optometrists take their time, explain everything clearly, and ensure that patients understand the results and recommendations.
- Convenient services: Elite Eyecare offers a large selection of frames and prescription sunglasses, making it convenient for patients to find what they need. They also accept walk-ins on Fridays and Saturdays, accommodating those with busy schedules.
Visionary Eye Care
2980 Browns Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Visionary Eye Clinic is consistently praised for their attentive, friendly doctors and professional, caring staff. Patients recommend their thorough eye exams, ability to order custom frames, and generous return policy. Their excellent care and warm atmosphere make this a top choice for eye care.
- Friendly and informative doctors: Dr. Matt and Dr. Courtney are both praised for their friendliness, thoroughness, and willingness to answer questions.
- Excellent quality of care: The entire staff is described as professional, providing top-notch service and care for patients.
- Easy glasses returns and ordering: The clinic offers a generous return policy for glasses and is willing to order frames if they are not available in-store.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arkansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arkansas aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.44, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 8.75. in Arkansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arkansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arkansas.
- The In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (12.1%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5 percentage points. and In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.94%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, 6.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arkansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.25% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.44% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arkansas face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arkansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arkansas.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 9.94% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arkansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.71% of children in Arkansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arkansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arkansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.