Best Eye Doctors In Harrison, AR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Harrison Optometrists in Harrison, Harrison, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Harrison reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Harrison.
3710 W Southern Hills Blvd, Rogers, AR 72758
The eye care center’s doctors are lauded for professionalism, thorough exams, and clear explanations. Reviewers appreciate the staff’s positivity and attentiveness to children. However, some dissatisfaction stems from unexpected eyewear and test costs.
- Highly knowledgeable and caring doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are thorough, knowledgeable, and genuinely care about their patients' overall health. They take their time to explain everything in understandable terms and provide valuable advice.
- Professional and friendly staff: Several reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this eye care center. From the technicians to the frame specialists, the staff members are described as pleasant, knowledgeable, and efficient.
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities: Many reviews mention that this eye care center has modern and up-to-date diagnostic equipment, which helps ensure that eye exams are quick, thorough, and accurate. The facility itself is also described as clean and presentable.
Bentonville Eye Care
2300 SE J St, Bentonville, AR 72712
The Bentonville eye care center is well-reviewed for attentive service and comprehensible eye exams, though some patients expressed issues with appointment availability and billing transparency. Overall, customers recommend this practice.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, helpful, and going above and beyond to assist with insurance and scheduling issues.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: The eye doctors were praised for their thoroughness in examining the eyes and identifying any problems. They were also commended for explaining the exam process and providing insight into eye health.
- Clean and well-equipped facilities: Reviewers mentioned that the office and equipment were clean and well-maintained, which contributed to a positive experience during the eye exam.
Mertins Eye & Optical
640 Garland Ave #110, Fayetteville, AR 72701
Mertins Eye Care Center is highly regarded for Dr. Mertins’ attentive and skillful eye exams. Patients commend her warm bedside manner. Her helpful, patient staff provide outstanding care, assist with frames, and employ advanced retinal imaging technology. The office runs efficiently. Patients strongly endorse this practice for meeting their eye care needs.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Mertins provides thorough and meticulous eye exams, ensuring comprehensive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers appreciate the helpful and friendly staff at Mertins Eye, mentioning their professionalism and willingness to answer questions and assist with frame selection.
- Advanced technology and options: Mertins Eye is praised for its advanced technology, offering options like retinal imaging instead of dilation, which can provide a more effective and comfortable experience for patients.
The Eye Center
594 Millsap Rd, Fayetteville, AR 72703
Customers consistently report positive experiences at the eye care center, highlighting attentive and thorough eye exams from knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff. While some mention long wait times and appointment challenges, most enthusiastically recommend this professional practice.
- Affordable eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were reasonably priced, with one reviewer even stating that it cost $100 less than their previous exam at another clinic.
- Excellent and thorough care: The reviewers praised the doctors and staff for providing excellent care and conducting thorough eye exams. They felt that their questions were addressed, and the doctors took the time to explain everything in simple terms.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendly and professional attitude of the staff at this eye care center. They appreciated being greeted warmly, receiving courteous attention, and feeling like they were treated with respect. The front desk staff was particularly praised for their friendliness and professionalism.
Radiant Eye Care
1210 J.T.L Pkwy Suite 103, Springdale, AR 72762
Radiant Eye Care receives excellent reviews for Dr. Horne’s attentive exams and empathetic manner. Patients compliment the congenial staff and diverse eyewear options. The clinic draws praise for prompt eye condition diagnosis and treatment, engendering patient loyalty and referrals. A few reviews cited billing and appointment wait time concerns, though feedback remains largely positive.
- Wide selection of frames and lenses, including popular brands like Maui Jim, Oakley, and Ray-Ban.
- Thorough and caring eye exams provided by Dr. Horne, who takes the time to explain conditions and treatments in detail.
- Friendly and helpful staff, especially for children who may be nervous about eye exams.
Focused Family Eye Care
3730 N Vantage Dr, Fayetteville, AR 72703
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their welcoming staff, informative eye exams by Dr. Brewer and Dr. Waggoner, and helpful employees who assist in finding ideal frames. Patients recommend the professionalism, customer service, and quality eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who make patients feel comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take the time to explain and address vision concerns.
- Helpful and patient employees assist with selecting and fitting glasses frames.
Davis Eye Associates
2901 E Zion Rd #13, Fayetteville, AR 72703
Davis Eye Associates provides attentive and thorough eye exams. Dr. Davis and her welcoming staff are known for their compassion. Patients appreciate the extensive exams, frame selection assistance, and excellent service.
- Thorough and personal attention during eye exams - Several reviews mention the thoroughness of the eye exams and the personal attention received.
- Compassionate and welcoming staff - Many reviewers appreciate the compassionate and welcoming nature of Dr. Davis and her staff, creating a comfortable and caring environment.
- Assistance in selecting frames - Reviewers mention that the staff at Davis Eye Care can help you choose frames that fit your personality, ensuring a personalized selection process.
EyeLove Family Eye Care & Optical
3061 N Market Ave #6, Fayetteville, AR 72703
EyeLove Family Eyecare receives mostly positive reviews for Dr. Hughes and staff’s friendly, efficient service. Patients commend the thorough eye exams and frame selection help. A few reviews cite issues with contact lens orders and incorrect prescriptions.
- The staff is super friendly, efficient, and hospitable, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Dr. Hughes provides thorough and detailed explanations during the eye exam, ensuring accurate measurements and prescriptions for vision correction.
- The practice offers a wide selection of high-end frames and sunglasses, providing options for patients to choose from.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arkansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arkansas aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.44, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 8.75. in Arkansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arkansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arkansas.
- The In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (12.1%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5 percentage points. and In Arkansas in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.94%) compared to the overall population (6.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arkansas
- In Arkansas, 6.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arkansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.25% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.44% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arkansas face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arkansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arkansas.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 9.94% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arkansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.71% of children in Arkansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arkansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arkansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.