Best LASIK Surgeon In Sun City, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 80 LASIK Surgeons in Sun City, AZ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 12381 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Sun City.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2929 E Camelback Rd Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85016
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the informative and helpful staff, easy and efficient process from consultation to procedure, quick recovery time, and excellent results. Patients expressed happiness with their improved vision, ease of the surgery, and the caring and knowledgeable staff. They also praised the affordability and professionalism of the practice.
- The staff is informative, polite, and knowledgeable about the LASIK procedure.
- The entire process, from consultation to follow-up appointments, is efficient and well-organized.
- Many patients report quick and successful results, with improved vision and minimal post-surgery complications.
16427 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Patients had a positive experience with the lasik surgeon practice. The staff was described as professional, caring, and friendly. Many patients specifically praised Dr. Perry for his communication skills and his attention to post-operative care. The procedure was described as quick and relatively painless, with most patients experiencing improved vision shortly after the surgery. Many patients reported being happy with their decision to choose this practice and would recommend it to others.
- Professional and caring staff: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is highly professional and caring, ensuring a great experience for patients. They are known for their friendly demeanor and good communication skills.
- Excellent surgeon: Dr. Perry, the main surgeon at LasikPlus, is highly praised for his expertise and commitment to patient care. He reaches out to patients before and after surgery, explains the process thoroughly, and ensures comfort during the procedure. Many reviews highlight his extensive experience and positive results.
- Efficient and fast results: Patients have reported fast and efficient procedures with minimal pain. The surgery is completed in a short amount of time, usually around 12 minutes, and the recovery process is relatively quick. Many reviewers mentioned that they experienced clear vision shortly after the procedure, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision.
1245 W Chandler Blvd #3, Chandler, AZ 85224
Overall, the positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice are highly praising. Many reviewers mentioned that Dr. Perry, the surgeon, provided exceptional care and called them both before and after the procedure. The staff was described as friendly and professional, and the procedures were quick and painless. Reviewers expressed satisfaction with their improved vision and recommended the practice to others.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at LasikPlus are highly praised for their friendly and helpful attitude. They are responsive to questions and concerns, and provide thorough follow-up care.
- Skilled and compassionate surgeons: Dr. Gabriel Perry is mentioned multiple times as being professional, kind, and reassuring during the procedure. Patients feel secure in his hands and appreciate his attention to detail.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their delight at the improved vision they have achieved through LasikPlus. They experience clear vision, often reaching 20/20 or better, and note that the procedure has significantly enhanced their quality of life.
The LASIK Vision Institute
960 W Elliot Rd #106, Tempe, AZ 85284
The positive reviews about this lasik surgeon practice highlight their friendly and professional staff, quick and efficient procedures with clear instructions for post-op care, and successful outcomes with improved vision. Many reviewers mention how the staff made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process and addressed all their questions and concerns. Overall, the positive experiences with this lasik surgeon practice recommend them highly for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff at the LASIK Vision Institute being friendly, welcoming, and answering all their questions. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Quick and efficient procedure: Many reviewers remark on the speed and efficiency of the LASIK procedure. Some even mention the procedure taking as little as 10 minutes, making it convenient and time-saving.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcomes of their LASIK surgeries. They mention improved vision, ranging from 20/20 to 20/15, and no longer having to rely on glasses or contacts. This suggests that the LASIK Vision Institute can deliver successful and life-changing results.
Schwartz Laser Eye Center
8416 E Shea Blvd ste c-101, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, prompt service, and resolution of billing issues. Patients have also praised the thoroughness of the exams, the honesty of the doctors, and the overall great experience. However, there are some negative reviews regarding billing discrepancies, delays in contact lens delivery, and perceived rudeness of the staff. There are also a few complaints about the effectiveness of the surgery and issues with customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at Schwartz Laser Eye Center.
- Thorough examinations: Several reviewers praise the comprehensive and detailed eye examinations conducted by Dr. Schwartz, which help in determining the best options for each individual.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Many reviewers express satisfaction with their surgical results, reporting improved vision with no issues such as dry eyes, halos, or blurriness.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article