Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Peoria, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 100 LASIK Surgeons in Peoria, AZ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 12930 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Peoria.
Q Vision Cataract and LASIK Center
9201 E Mountain View Rd #125, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Q Vision Cataract and LASIK Center is a friendly and professional practice with a knowledgeable doctor who takes the time to explain everything clearly. Patients appreciate the clean and welcoming office, as well as the excellent communication throughout the entire process. The staff is kind and helpful, making it a great place to go for LASIK surgery.
- People feel welcome and comfortable here
- The doctor is very friendly and knowledgeable
- Recovery has been a snap!
Summit Eye Surgeons
12647 W Smokey Dr Building F, Suite 115, Surprise, AZ 85378
Summit Eye Surgeons is a professional and friendly practice that values patient care. The staff is kind and knowledgeable, taking the time to answer any questions. Dr. Sherry is a skilled surgeon who explains procedures thoroughly, ensuring patients feel comfortable and informed.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable from the moment they walk in.
- The staff is friendly and efficient.
- My visit went in a timely fashion with no long wait.
- Excellent per-consultation nurses who conducted an eye exam and pupil dilation.
- Wonderful visit with Dr. Richard Sherry who explained everything thoroughly for the procedure I was interested in.
- Staff was so nice. Dr Sherry took time to answer all my questions and explained everything we needed to know..He and the staff took time for us, made me feel like I was the only patient there.. awesome office staff..
- Staff and Drs, are both professional and personable.
Phoenix Retina Associates
9185 W Thunderbird Rd suite c-104, Peoria, AZ 85381
Phoenix Retina Associates is a trusted destination for exceptional eye care. Patients appreciate the skill of the doctors and the welcoming nature of the staff. Dr. Daniel Churgin is highly regarded for his ability to restore vision, and patients feel confident in his care.
- People feel comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything.
- The staff is friendly and efficient.
Anne M. Zaki, MD Desert Eye Specialists
9127 W Thunderbird Rd # 104, Peoria, AZ 85381
Dr. Zaki of Desert Eye Specialists is a knowledgeable and caring lasik surgeon who has done a wonderful job for her patients. Her expertise and compassion make her a great choice for anyone seeking lasik surgery. Trust in her skills and experience for a successful procedure.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Zaki
- She is a skilled and experienced opthalmologist
- Has a reputation for providing high quality care
Koster James J MD
3330 N 2nd St #600, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Koster James J MD is a caring and thorough lasik surgeon who takes the time to understand his patients' needs. The staff is friendly and efficient in their office procedures. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel that Dr. Koster genuinely cares about his patients and spends the time necessary for a thorough understanding of what the situation is.
- He is a wonderful, kind and caring physician.
- He went above and beyond in caring for my granddaughter who had a serious and painful virus.
Manuel Zambrano, O.D.
10701 W Bell Rd, Sun City, AZ 85351
Dr. Zambrano and his team are highly professional and courteous. Sherrie is knowledgeable and thorough in explaining procedures and answering questions. The prescription glasses are adjusted perfectly, ensuring optimal vision.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this office.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- They have a wide variety of glasses to choose from, which is great.
- Dr. Zambrano is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and provide them with the best care possible.
Dr. Rahul Reddy
15353 N 91st Ave UNIT 105, Peoria, AZ 85381
Dr. Rahul Reddy is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon. Patients appreciate his expertise, although some find him to be a bit pushy. Overall, he is highly regarded by those who have visited his office.
- People feel comfortable talking to him.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.
- He always takes the time to listen to what you have to say.
- He is very helpful and provides great advice.
Dr. Mark Chen, MD
9139 W Thunderbird Rd, Peoria, AZ 85381
Dr. Mark Chen, MD is a knowledgeable and helpful lasik surgeon who puts patients at ease. His approachable demeanor and ability to communicate effectively make him a top choice for those seeking vision correction. Patients can trust in the expertise of the doctors at this practice.
- People feel better after seeing Dr. Chen.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.
- He takes the time to listen to his patients and provides personalized care.
- He is always willing to answer any questions that they may have.
Dr. Paul M. Petelin Jr, MD
14269 N 87th St STE 203, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Dr. Paul M. Petelin Jr, MD is highly recommended by another doctor and his staff is exceptional. Patients have praised his expertise and consider him the best lasik surgeon. The practice provides a comfortable and professional environment for those seeking vision correction.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Petelin and his staff. They make you feel like family.
- Dr. Petelin is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and understand their needs.
- He has a great eye for detail and always makes sure that all of his patients are taken care of properly.
- The office is very clean and organized, which makes it easy to get your appointment scheduled and stay on track with your treatment plan.
Peoria Eye Doctor
8877 W Union Hills Dr, Peoria, AZ 85382
Peoria Eye Doctor is a highly recommended practice for eye care. The doctors are knowledgeable and helpful, and appointments are easily accessible. The office is clean and organized, providing a comfortable environment for patients.
- People feel confident after visiting this eye doctor.
- The staff is friendly and welcoming.
- They offer a variety of services, including contact lenses and glasses.
- The office is clean and organized.
Westbrook Vision Center
8877 W Union Hills Dr #460, Peoria, AZ 85382
Westbrook Vision Center offers exceptional care with a team of professionals, including Dr. Bethanie Deemer and Optician Yelka. Patients appreciate the clean and well-equipped office, as well as the personalized attention from the doctors. With a wide range of services available, Westbrook is a top choice for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable at Westbrook Vision Center.
- The staff is professional and friendly, and the office is clean and well-equipped.
- Dr Bethanie Deemer is an excellent doctor who has been treating my family for many years.
- Todd Smith provides thorough eye care, and Liz, the optician, is very helpful and accommodating.
- The doctors at Westbrook are knowledgeable and caring about their patients' welfare.
Desert Oasis Eye Care
15256 N 75th Ave #380, Peoria, AZ 85381
Desert Oasis Eye Care boasts a friendly and efficient office with state of the art equipment. Patients rave about the knowledgeable staff and skilled doctor. It's no wonder this lasik surgeon's office is a top choice for those seeking exceptional eye care.
- People feel very welcomed and comfortable when visiting Desert Oasis Eye Care.
- The staff is very friendly and efficient, making it easy to get an appointment and receive care.
- The equipment used in the office is state of the art, which makes diagnosis and treatment more accurate.
- Dr. Perot is a highly skilled doctor who takes the time to understand his patients' needs and provides them with the best possible care.
Oculoplastic Eye Surgeons of Phoenix
9151 W Thunderbird Rd, Peoria, AZ 85381
Oculoplastic Eye Surgeons of Phoenix is a friendly and efficient practice that provides excellent eye care. The doctor is easy to talk to and explains things clearly, showing genuine concern for patients' health. Patients can trust this practice for their LASIK surgery needs.
- People feel at ease and comfortable during visits.
- Doctor is friendly and efficient.
- Office staff are great, especially Dr Mihora who is very caring.
- Provides options for treatment and care.
Clear Vision Ophthalmology
14155 N 83rd Ave Suite 103, Peoria, AZ 85381
Clear Vision Ophthalmology offers a welcoming and serene atmosphere for patients seeking LASIK surgery. With a team of highly specialized doctors, patients can trust that they are receiving top-quality care. The variety of specialties available make Clear Vision Ophthalmology a one-stop-shop for all eye care needs.
- People feel welcome and comfortable here.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and helpful.
- There is a variety of services available, including eye exams and glasses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article