Best LASIK Surgeon In Glendale, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 145 LASIK Surgeons in Glendale, AZ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 14425 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Glendale.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2929 E Camelback Rd Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85016
The Lasik Vision Institute received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the efficiency of the process, the helpfulness and kindness of the staff, and the good results they achieved, reaching 20/20 or 20/15 vision. The PRK with Contoura Vision is also highly recommended. However, some negative reviews mentioned issues with lost records, lack of communication and follow-up, unavailability of doctors, unexpected pain during surgery, poor office management, and poor treatment of patients with congenital vision issues.
- Thorough and informative consultations for prospective patients
- Efficient and painless procedures with quick results
- Skilled surgeons with high success rates and life-changing outcomes
16427 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Dr. Perry and his staff at LasikPlus in Scottsdale were praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge. Patients appreciated the thorough examination process and the doctor's attention to detail, including adjustments he made during surgery for astigmatism. Many reviewers reported successful surgeries, improved vision, and gratitude for the overall experience. However, there were some negative experiences reported, including severe pain during the procedure and a lack of follow-up care. Despite some negative reviews, Dr. Perry and LasikPlus received overwhelmingly positive reviews overall.
- Dr. Perry and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Patients feel well-taken care of and comfortable throughout the process.
- Dr. Perry is experienced and takes the time to explain the procedure and aftercare thoroughly, ensuring patients are aware of any potential issues or adjustments that may be needed for future eye surgeries.
- The procedure is fast and efficient, with many patients seeing improved vision within hours after the surgery. Some patients report being able to see better than they did with their glasses or contacts, even after years of wearing them.
1245 W Chandler Blvd #3, Chandler, AZ 85224
Most reviewers had a positive experience with LasikPlus, praising the professionalism of the staff and Dr. Perry. They appreciated the ease of scheduling appointments and the quick and painless procedure. The payment plan was praised, and patients were happy with the post-op follow-up. Patients were able to see clearly and had 20/20 vision. However, there were a few negative reviews that mentioned rude front desk staff, poor communication, canceling appointments without reason, and issues with the procedure that were not resolved.
- Quick and painless surgery with a professional and reassuring surgeon, Dr. Gabriel Perry.
- Thorough and educational initial consultation, with follow-up calls from the surgeon to check on the patients.
- Courteous and helpful staff, with easy payment plan and interest-free financing options available for patients.
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center
1500 S Dobson Rd #313, Mesa, AZ 85202
Patients are overwhelmingly positive about Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, praising both the quality and kindness of the medical staff, the state-of-the-art technology, and the efficient and compassionate management of appointments. Many patients had successful cataract and LASIK procedures, and others appreciated the thoroughness of their eye exams, with some calling it the “best experience” they've ever had with an ophthalmology service. Many patients especially appreciated the caring and reassuring bedside manner of Drs. Hammond and Herion.
- Thoroughness and professionalism in testing and treatment.
- Friendly, caring, and knowledgeable staff.
- State-of-the-art equipment and modern facilities.
Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction
160 W University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
Patients have highly recommended Moretsky Cassidy Valley Eye Specialists for vision correction and cataract surgery. The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable during their exam and procedures. The doctors, particularly Dr. Cassidy and Dr. Moretsky, are highly skilled and passionate about their work, offering thorough explanations and personalized care for each individual. Many reviewers also noted that their vision has significantly improved after receiving treatment from these specialists. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for any vision needs.
- Highly experienced and skilled surgeons with excellent results in correcting vision.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent care and advice to patients.
- Thorough and compassionate medical care with a focus on answering patient questions and concerns.
Schwartz Laser Eye Center
8416 E Shea Blvd ste c-101, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Schwartz Laser Eye Center has a mostly positive reputation. Patients praise the professionalism and kindness of the staff, particularly commending Dr. Schwartz's thoroughness and honest advice. Many patients who received lasik surgery from Schwartz Laser Eye Center praise their clear vision and lack of side effects. Detractors cite issues with customer service, pricing, and wait times, while others criticize the clinic's mask policy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thorough eye exams with a wide range of services and options recommended by experienced and honest doctors.
- Professional and kind staff with excellent customer service.
- Efficient surgical process and successful procedures with improved vision for patients.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Vision Correction
8763 E Bell Rd Ste 106, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Patients rave about the professional and personable staff, particularly Dr. Nappi, at the lasik surgeon practice. The doctors provide excellent and thorough examinations, and patients appreciate the explanations given to them regarding their eye health. Many patients highly recommend this practice and plan to return for any future vision needs.
- Efficient scheduling and fast appointment availability.
- Extensive and thorough eye examinations and consultations.
- Professional and personable staff and doctors who provide excellent patient care.
King LASIK - Scottsdale
21803 N Scottsdale Rd #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Patients highly recommend King LASIK for their professionalism, friendliness, and expertise. The staff is kind and welcoming, the clinic is clean and well-maintained, and the procedure is efficient and painless. Patients felt comfortable with King LASIK and note positive changes in their vision. They recommend King LASIK for anyone considering LASIK surgery.
- Friendly and informative staff that make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Successful results with patients achieving 20/20 vision and clear eyesight post-surgery.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and attentive doctors who prioritize safety and patient satisfaction.
Q Vision Cataract and LASIK Center
215 S Power Rd #112, Mesa, AZ 85206
Q Vision received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their expert and professional care in cataract and LASIK surgeries. Patients have commended the staff's kind and attentive nature, honest approach, and ability to answer their questions and concerns. Most reviews praised the doctor's vast knowledge and how he guided them through the procedure. The post-operative care was also highlighted, as was the affordable pricing and their own hospital on site.
- Professional and caring staff that prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who offers a range of services, including cataract surgery and other eye procedures
- Excellent results and outcomes reported by many patients, with improved vision and a pain-free experience.
Horizon Eye Specialists & Lasik Center
2580 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
Horizon Eye Specialists and LASIK Center has consistently positive reviews for their LASIK procedures and skilled surgeons. Most reviewers praised Dr. Duncan and Dr. McCulloch for their expertise, calming presence during surgery, and caring attitude towards patients. The staff, including the surgical coordinators and post-op doctors, were also mentioned as being professional and accommodating. Patients reported life-changing results and clear vision post-surgery. However, one negative review was noted for a patient who experienced post-surgical complications and felt rushed into the procedure.
- High success rate - Many reviewers have reported successful procedures, with improved vision and no complications or negative effects.
- Knowledgeable and honest doctors - Reviewers praised the doctors for their expertise and for providing trustworthy and informative advice on procedures and options.
- Friendly and professional staff - Multiple reviewers noted the kindness, attentiveness, and professionalism of the staff throughout the entire process, from consultations to surgery and post-op care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article