Best Eye Doctors In Tempe, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tempe Optometrists in Tempe, Tempe, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tempe reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Tempe.
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center
1500 S Dobson Rd #313, Mesa, AZ 85202
Carrot Eye Center patients appreciate the exceptional service, professionalism and friendliness of the staff. Thorough, non-stressful eye exams without dilation are praised. Dr. Herion’s preparation, warmth and interest in vision needs are commended. The office focuses on patient care over money and provides excellent follow-up. Many mention great experiences with LASIK surgery and vision improvement. Patients highly recommend the center for exams, glasses, contacts and surgeries.
- Excellent customer service from the office staff, making patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Thorough and professional eye exams with knowledgeable and friendly optometrists.
- Clear communication and personalized care from the doctors, addressing concerns and explaining options in detail.
20/20 Image Eye Centers
307 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282
Patients appreciate the friendly staff, thorough exams, assistance selecting frames, and flexibility with insurance. The clean, welcoming office offers minimal wait times and excellent customer service. Knowledgeable doctors conduct professional exams and put patients at ease. Reviews highlight positive experiences, quality service, and satisfaction.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, attentive, and professional. They were described as providing excellent customer service and being helpful in answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers praised the efficiency of this eye care center. They mentioned that they were able to get in for an eye exam quickly and that the intake process was fast and easy. Some even mentioned completing their eye exam and frame selection in under 30 minutes.
- Good selection of frames: A couple of reviews mentioned the availability of a wide range of frames to choose from. One reviewer specifically mentioned being able to browse displays of frames before their eye exam, indicating that there were plenty of options to choose from for those in need of new glasses.
Arizona Eye Specialists
7245 E Osborn Rd #4, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Reviewers spoke highly of the caring and understanding doctors and professional technicians at this eye care center. Patients felt the staff were thorough and efficient during exams. Many expressed trust in the doctors and satisfaction with surgical results like cataract removal.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the pleasant and caring demeanor of the techs and doctors at the eye care center, showing that they provide a comfortable and positive experience for patients during eye exams.
- Thorough exams and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the expertise of the doctors, making patients feel confident in their diagnoses and treatment options. This suggests that the eye care center provides high-quality care and takes the time to address patients' concerns.
Valley Eyecare Center
3050 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Valley Eyecare Center customers laud the friendly, informative doctors and attentive, welcoming staff. The wide frame selection and swift glasses turnaround also draw acclaim. However, some critique optometrist Peter Ryan for rude, unprofessional conduct. Still, most doctors earn appreciation for thorough exams and addressing concerns. Valley Eyecare provides quality eye care overall.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff at Valley Eyecare Center for their friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness. They felt valued as patients and appreciated the warm and welcoming environment.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The optometrists at Valley Eyecare Center were highly regarded by several reviewers. They were described as kind, informative, efficient, and thorough in their eye exams. Patients felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Wide selection of frames and advanced technology: Several reviewers mentioned the good selection of eyewear available at Valley Eyecare Center. Additionally, some reviewers praised the use of advanced technology, such as the IPL machine for dry eyes, which provided effective treatment options.
- Note: These pros were derived from analyzing multiple reviews and condensing them into short, actionable statements.
Southwestern Eye Center
3301 N Miller Rd #140, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Positive feedback for the eye care center indicates Dr. Palmer and his staff are professional and courteous. Patients value the short wait times, clean and modern office, and comprehensive eye exams. The welcoming environment stems from the friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff.
- Dr. Palmer is highly recommended, with patients praising his warmth, thoroughness, and ability to make patients feel at ease.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, professional, and accommodating, even when patients are running late.
- The eye exams are described as thorough and performed by knowledgeable technicians.
Southwestern Eye Center
6101 S Rural Rd Ste 115, Tempe, AZ 85283
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their caring, compassionate staff and Dr. Roper’s thorough, personal exams. However, some patients reported issues with pricing transparency, rushed appointments, and scheduling problems, so it is important for potential patients to consider these factors when choosing an eye doctor.
- Friendly and compassionate staff who make patients feel at ease during eye exams.
- Efficient and quick eye exams with good communication and easy-to-understand paperwork.
- Dr. Roper is caring, kind, and personable, making patients feel valued and remembered.
ABC Children’s Eye Specialists
2110 W Southern Ave #111, Mesa, AZ 85202
The reviews are mixed regarding the eye exam office. The first complains of high costs and confusing tests. The next several praise the doctors and staff for excellent child eye exams, although one mentions an unexpected wait from dilation. Later reviews express frustration with long waits and poor front desk service. Most are positive about staff expertise, patience and friendliness, but a few cite issues with scheduling, wait times and lack of consideration for young children.
- Specialized care for children: This eye care center has highly specialized ophthalmologists who are experienced in working with children, particularly those with special needs. The eye exams are tailored to what the child can do and the doctor is able to give an eye prescription even if the child can't respond to questions.
- Friendly and patient staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and patient staff at this eye care center. They make an effort to ensure that the children feel comfortable and excited about their visit. The staff is also praised for being attentive and attentive to the needs of both the children and their parents.
- Efficient and balancing quick and thorough: Despite the high volume of patients, this eye care center is efficient in getting everyone through quickly to reduce wait times. The staff does a fantastic job of balancing quick service without making patients feel rushed. They are also friendly throughout the process.
Scottsdale Eye Physicians and Surgeons, PC
7550 E 2nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
This eye care center received mixed reviews. One customer was dissatisfied with unresolved contact lens delivery issues and lack of response to inquiries, causing vision worries. Another praised the center’s professional, friendly annual eye exam service used for years. A traveling customer appreciated the quick appointment scheduling, professional staff, and comprehensive eye exam.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. They provide thorough eye exams and take the time to explain conditions and treatment options to patients.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers appreciate the caring and attentive nature of the staff at this eye care center. They feel valued as patients and have positive interactions with the front desk staff and doctors. The staff is described as kind, helpful, and willing to address concerns and answer questions.
- Comprehensive and thorough exams: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and detailed. The doctors take the time to listen to patients' concerns and conduct detailed examinations to evaluate eye health and vision. They provide comprehensive care and offer a variety of options for treatment and prescriptions.
Visionworks Tempe Marketplace
2020 E Rio Salado Pkwy Ste 101, Tempe, AZ 85281
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for comprehensive exams performed by knowledgeable staff. However, some customers report unsatisfactory experiences with ordering products. The skilled optometrists come recommended, though caution is advised when utilizing ancillary services.
- Quick yet thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were conducted efficiently but still provided a comprehensive assessment of their vision.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews praised the staff for their expertise and helpfulness when it came to selecting frames, finding suitable lenses, and answering questions.
- Friendly and personable service: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, kind, and made them feel comfortable during their visit.
Zmyslinski Eye & Contact Lens Center
5000 S Arizona Mills Cir Ste165, Tempe, AZ 85282
The eye care center is highly reviewed for their warm and knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain procedures. Patients feel comfortable and informed during thorough exams in the welcoming atmosphere.
- The doctors and staff are highly professional, caring, and thorough, providing excellent eye exams and eye care.
- The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful, ensuring a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- The online scheduling system is easy and convenient, making it simple to book appointments.
Visionworks Dobson Shores
1938-1 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ 85202
Reviews of these eye care centers were mixed. Some felt rushed, dealt with unprofessional staff, and received poor service. They disliked the lack of eye health explanations and background info requirements. Others praised the professional, knowledgeable, friendly staff. Doctors who thoroughly explained exams earned appreciation, as did quick service and glasses turnaround. Excellent experiences were had with specific staff like Dr. Patel and Saint. However some, citing poor doctor skills and staffing, recommended alternatives like Costco.
- Some doctors took their time to explain everything and provide detailed information during the eye exam.
- The staff was friendly, professional, and provided excellent customer service.
- The scheduling process was easy and efficient, and the staff paid attention to COVID protocols.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.