Best Eye Doctors In Bullhead City, AZ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bullhead City Optometrists in Bullhead City, Bullhead City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bullhead City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bullhead City.
Mohave Eye Center – Kingman
2110 Airway Ave, Kingman, AZ 86409
The eye care center garnered mostly positive feedback for its clean facilities, professional staff, thorough exams, clear doctor explanations, and wide selection of eyewear frames. Patients reported high satisfaction with the services received.
- Clean and nice interior
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams
Mohave Eye Center – Bullhead City
3003 AZ-95 #11, Bullhead City, AZ 86442, United States
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for thorough exams and courteous staff. However, one customer reported unsatisfactory experiences with overcharging and billing mistakes, advising caution.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate the comprehensive nature of the eye exams at Mohave Eye Center, which includes testing both vision and the overall health of the eyes.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Mohave Eye Center is consistently described as kind, caring, and respectful, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Knowledgeable doctors and staff: Customers praise the expertise and knowledge of the doctors and staff at Mohave Eye Center, noting their clear communication and ability to address any concerns or questions.
Colorado River Eye Care
2840 AZ-95 #108, Bullhead City, AZ 86442, United States
Customers spoke highly of the eye care center, noting the wait for appointments was worthwhile. They described the staff as friendly, patient, and informative during exams. Customers found the experience efficient overall and were impressed by the thorough eye exams and frame selection.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Colorado River Eye Care being friendly, patient, and informative. They take the time to answer questions and provide thorough eye exams.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient service they received at this eye care center. They were able to get in and out of their appointments without long waits, and the overall process was smooth.
- Wide selection of frames and affordability: Several reviews mention a wide variety of frames available at Colorado River Eye Care. Additionally, the prices for frames were reasonable, making it a good option for individuals looking for eye care on a budget.
Thomas Hooke, DPM
2500 Canyon Rd c2, Bullhead City, AZ 86442, United States
Dr. Hooke is highly recommended by most patients for his expertise, caring approach, and patient-centered care. While one patient expressed dissatisfaction, many praise his knowledge, staff’s efficiency, and his overall care in podiatry.
- Dr. Hooke is a knowledgeable and caring podiatrist who takes the time to discuss issues and develop a care plan for his patients.
- The staff at the eye care center are personable, organized, and efficient, ensuring a timely and professional experience.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
2840 AZ-95, Bullhead City, AZ 86442, United States
Customers enthusiastically commended Nicole, Amanda, Shelly, and Rachel at the eye care center for their outstanding customer service and support. Patients remarked on Dr. Clark’s attentive care and follow-up. The center was portrayed as inviting, professional, and fulfilling.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned the helpful and friendly staff, specifically naming employees such as Nicole, Amanda, Shelly, and Zoe. They provided great assistance in finding the perfect pair of glasses and were attentive to customer needs.
- Skilled optometrist: Dr. Clark received high praise from reviewers for his expertise and thoroughness. He took the time to face patients while communicating, followed up on concerns, and was described as the best doctor in town.
- Convenient and efficient: Reviewers appreciated the convenience of having a wide selection of glasses available and the ability to have them sent to a nearby Walmart for pickup. The pricing was also mentioned as unbeatable, and many received their glasses within a week of ordering.
Angela Kargenian, OD – Bullhead City
3003 AZ-95 #11, Bullhead City, AZ 86442
This eye care center is highly recommended for their friendly, knowledgeable doctors and professional support staff. Patients report the doctor takes time to explain procedures thoroughly and answer all questions. The efficient, enjoyable staff helps create an overall positive experience.
- Friendly and professional staff who create an enjoyable and efficient experience.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye care professionals who take the time to explain everything.
- Great staff and pleasant atmosphere throughout the entire visit, from the front door to the appointment.
Daniel C. Schickner, MD
1800 AZ-95, Bullhead City, AZ 86442, United States
Patients consistently recommend Drs. Schickner and Glessner for their exceptional eye care, successfully treating serious conditions and making specialist referrals when required. Patients appreciate the doctors’ professional and respectful manner during appointments.
- Highly skilled and experienced doctors: Reviewers mention that Dr. Schickner and Dr. Glessner are the best in their field, particularly when it comes to serious eye problems. They have even been credited with saving a patient's eye and providing referrals to top doctors for specialized procedures.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: One reviewer specifically mentions that they had a cataract surgery with no problems. This indicates that the eye care center has a track record of successful surgeries, contributing to their credibility and reliability.
- Polite and respectful staff: The second reviewer states that the staff at the eye care center is always very polite and respectful. This suggests that patients can expect a friendly and professional environment during their visits.
Jeffrey Bergeson, OD – Bullhead City Eye Doctor
3003 AZ-95 # 11, Bullhead City, AZ 86442
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable doctors and thorough, efficient exams. Patients also note ample eyewear choices. However, some reviews cited long wait times and appointment challenges.
- The staff at this eye care center is incredibly knowledgeable and attentive. They took the time to explain every step of the eye exam process and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I felt like they genuinely cared about my eye health and wanted to provide the best care possible."
- The eye care center has state-of-the-art technology and equipment. The eye exam was quick and efficient, and the optometrist was able to detect a minor issue with my vision that I hadn't been aware of before. I left feeling confident that my eyes were in good hands."
Scott D. Mullane, OD
1925 Florence Ave, Kingman, AZ 86401
Customers expressed satisfaction with their experience at this eye care center. They reported attentive staff and efficient exam procedures. Many customers said they would return for future eye care needs based on the quality service received.
- Amazing experience: Multiple reviewers mention having an amazing experience at this eye care center. This suggests that the staff is likely friendly, knowledgeable, and provides excellent service.
- Highest recommendation: Another reviewer highly recommends this eye care center, indicating that they had a positive overall experience and were satisfied with the care they received. This positive endorsement can help instill confidence in potential customers considering this location for their eye care needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Arizona
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in Arizona aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 5.77, while the percentage for those aged 65+ was slightly higher at 5.88. in Arizona, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Arizona
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Arizona.
- The In Arizona in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.5% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 4.75% of the general population. and In Arizona in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.72%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (4.75%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Arizona
- In Arizona, 4.75% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Arizona
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.02% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.77% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Arizona face even higher rates at 5.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Arizona
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Arizona.
- 10.5% of those with diabetes and 6.72% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Arizona
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.39% of children in Arizona having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.59% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Arizona
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.75% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Arizona.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.