Best Eye Doctors In Madison, AL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Madison Optometrists in Madison, Madison, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Madison reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Madison.
Perfect Optical Eyecare Center
6945 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
The eye care center is highly regarded for its attentive staff, cutting-edge equipment, and comprehensive exams. Many patients single out Dr. Bagley as an ophthalmological expert. The knowledgeable staff leverages advanced technology to ensure each visit is pleasant and edifying.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Perfect Optical is courteous, patient, and professional. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Several reviewers mentioned that Perfect Optical has state-of-the-art equipment for conducting eye exams. This ensures thorough and accurate examinations, leaving patients satisfied with the quality of care they receive.
- Knowledgeable and informative: Reviewers appreciated that the optometrists at Perfect Optical took the time to explain their exam results and address any concerns or questions they had. The doctors were described as knowledgeable, thorough, and willing to go the extra mile to provide a detailed analysis of the various eye tests conducted.
7880 Old Madison Pike, Madison, AL 35758
EyeCare Associates in Madison was well-reviewed for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough, informative eye exams by Drs. Belknap and Watson. Patients appreciated the clean facility and COVID safety measures. A couple reviews cited insurance coverage issues, with one dissatisfied by out-of-network billing. Most customers had a positive experience and would recommend the practice.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcome. The staff takes the time to answer questions and explain procedures, ensuring a positive experience.
- Thorough and precise eye exams: Many reviews praise the thoroughness and precision of the eye exams conducted at the eye care center. The doctors are described as informative, taking the time to explain things in detail and addressing specific eye needs.
- Clean and organized facility: Several reviews mention the clean and tidy clinic, highlighting the use of state-of-the-art equipment for eye care. The appointment process is well-organized, and additional measures, such as cleaning and sanitizing frames, are taken to ensure a safe environment for patients.
East Limestone Eye Care, P.C.
15123 E Limestone Rd, Harvest, AL 35749
Customers consistently share positive feedback about Dr. Heather Small and her eye care center. They describe her exams as highly thorough and appreciate her explanations. Patients also praise the friendly, professional staff and the comfortable, modern facility.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this eye care center are thorough and the doctors take the time to explain everything and answer questions.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and welcoming staff at the center. Patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
- Convenient and professional service: Patients appreciate the convenient location, professional demeanor, and prompt service provided by the staff and doctors at the eye care center.
Pathway Eye Madison
12181 County Line Rd #190, Madison, AL 35758
Dr. Megan Taylor receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for her thorough exams, expertise, and compassion. Patients also appreciate the accommodating staff. However, a few reviewers cited long waits, unprofessionalism, and billing issues. Overall, the eye care center is praised for quality service.
- Highly thorough and attentive eye exams with Dr. Taylor and Dr. Sutton.
- Welcoming and accommodating staff, providing excellent customer service.
- The doctors listen to concerns and coordinate care for any specialized needs.
Dr. Cara Gilliland
6275 University Dr, Huntsville, AL 35806
The majority of reviews praise Dr. Cara Gilliland for her thorough and professional eye exams, offering helpful tips and recommendations. While the eye care center’s staff earns acclaim for their courtesy, efficiency and friendliness, a few reviewers cite a lack of explanation or condescending behavior from Dr. Gilliland as detracting from their visits.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams they received at this location. The doctors explained procedures and findings in a way that was easy to understand, and they offered helpful tips and recommendations for eye care.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and courteous staff at this eye care center. From the moment they walked in, they were greeted with warmth and professionalism. The support staff made sure their glasses orders were accurate, and the overall experience was excellent.
- Efficient and prompt service: Reviewers highlighted the efficiency and promptness of the service they received. They were able to make appointments easily, and there was minimal to no waiting time. The check-in and check-out process was smooth, and the staff ensured that everything related to insurance and glasses selection was taken care of quickly.
Dr. Mark Appel
7771 Hwy 72 W, Madison, AL 35758
Patients consistently commend Dr. Appel and his eye care center for thorough, professional eye exams, friendly staff, and diverse frame options. Many loyal patients cite years of high-quality care from Dr. Appel.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and courteous nature of the staff, from the receptionist to the optical team.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Many reviewers praised Dr. Appel for his thoroughness and attention to detail during the eye exams. They felt that he took the time to address their concerns and provide personalized care.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that their appointments were handled in a prompt and efficient manner, with short wait times and concise examinations.
6886 Governors W Space #116, Huntsville, AL 35806
Most reviews praise the helpful, knowledgeable staff. Specific individuals stood out for their excellent service. A few reviews mentioned staff not providing needed info or help, but positive experiences outweighed negatives.
- Polite, friendly, and helpful staff
- Knowledgeable staff who took the time to explain different lenses and products
- Able to get an appointment and eye exams done quickly at a cheaper price compared to another location
445 Providence Main St NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
Overall, this eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with patients complimenting the friendly and helpful staff, especially Kylie, Jordan, Dr. Howell, and Dr. Vandiver. A few negative reviews cite issues with appointment scheduling and the glasses lab, but many patients still highly recommend the location.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff members, including doctors, technicians, and receptionists, who make patients feel comfortable and answer their questions patiently.
- Wide variety of glasses: The eye care center offers a wide selection of frames in different shapes, colors, and sizes, making it easier for customers to find the perfect glasses that suit their style and needs.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams are thorough and detailed, with doctors taking the time to explain any issues or concerns with the patients' eyes. This thoroughness is appreciated by the customers.
21 Hughes Rd # 1, Madison, AL 35758
EyeCare Associates off Hughes Rd. is highly recommended for comprehensive eye care. Multiple reviewers applaud the friendly staff, convenient appointment scheduling, and expert optometrists who conduct informative eye exams. The office also offers a wide selection of frames at reasonable prices.
- Excellent service and professional optometrists.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Prompt and compassionate care, especially for emergencies.
Advanced EyeCare of Madison
102 Intercom Dr, Madison, AL 35758
Patients consistently praised the professionalism and thoroughness of the eye exams. Many appreciated the quick lens turnaround and convenient contact lens ordering. Drs. Canales and Sanderson were frequently commended for providing great experiences. Long-time patients extolled the consistently positive experiences with Dr. Sanderson and staff.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided by the staff at Advanced Eyecare of Madison are thorough and comprehensive, giving patients confidence in the quality of care they receive.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at Advanced Eyecare of Madison. They mention that the staff is welcoming, helpful, and creates a pleasant atmosphere for their visits.
- Quick turnaround time and reasonable prices: Several reviews note that Advanced Eyecare of Madison offers a quick turnaround time for getting new lenses and a convenient option for ordering contact lenses. Additionally, some patients find their prices to be reasonable, especially when it comes to insurance options and ordering lenses or contacts.
Madison Eye Care Center Llc
66 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL 35758
Madison Eye Care Center is highly regarded for the friendly, attentive care of Drs. David and Michelle Parker. Patients appreciate the helpful, professional staff, with thorough exams, extensive eyewear selection and advanced corrective lenses. One dissatisfied customer had issues with purchased glasses. Overall excellent eye care and service.
- Friendly and Professional Doctors: Many reviewers praised the friendly and professional demeanor of the doctors at Madison Eye Care Center, specifically highlighting Dr. David Parker and Dr. Michelle Parker. They were described as personable, honest, and providing thorough eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and Helpful Staff: The staff at Madison Eye Care Center was consistently commended for their knowledge and helpfulness. Reviewers specifically mentioned the optometry technicians, office manager, and front desk staff for their professionalism, attentiveness, and willingness to explain the eye exam process and answer questions.
- Extensive Selection of Glasses and Sunglasses: Several reviewers mentioned that Madison Eye Care Center offers a wide range of glasses and sunglasses to choose from, providing an extensive selection for patients.
Steve L. Sullins, OD
104 Gin Oak Ct, Madison, AL 35758
The eye care center run by Dr. Sullins receives consistently good reviews. Patients appreciate the no-pressure approach to new glasses and excellent selection. Many praise the friendly, professional staff and thorough, efficient exams by Dr. Sullins. This practice comes highly recommended.
- No pressure to buy new glasses, even when the prescription didn't change.
- Personable and professional staff who treat patients like family.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff who assist with insurance and available options.
The Eye Center
1041 Balch Rd Suite 110, Madison, AL 35758
The Eye Center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly staff, thorough exams, and convenient location. However, some patients report issues with communication, long waits, and dissatisfaction with certain doctors.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, particularly mentioning the eye technicians and doctors at the Madison location.
- Convenient location: The Madison location is praised for its convenience, with one reviewer mentioning it as an alternative to driving to Huntsville. Multiple reviews also appreciate the easy appointment scheduling and accommodating nature of the clinic.
Amy Sanderson, OD and Christina Canales, OD Advanced EyeCare of Madison
102 Intercom Dr, Madison, AL 35758
Dr. Sanderson is an optometrist dedicated to providing personalized, thorough eye care. Patients consistently describe her as caring, responsive and patient. She is known for going above and beyond to resolve eye issues and provide the best possible treatment. Her expertise and commitment to her patients makes Dr. Sanderson a trusted professional for quality eye care.
- Highly thorough and attentive eye exams, with a focus on resolving eye health issues and providing personalized care.
- Dr. Sanderson is known for going above and beyond to ensure the well-being and satisfaction of her patients, even reaching out personally to check on their progress outside of office hours.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Alabama
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 40-64 in Alabama reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 65 and older. in Alabama, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Alabama
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Alabama.
- The In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (11.8%) compared to the overall population (6.41%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.4%. and In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (11.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.41%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Alabama
- In Alabama, 6.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Alabama
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.36% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Alabama face even higher rates at 7.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Alabama
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Alabama.
- 11.8% of those with diabetes and 11.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Alabama
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.09% of children in Alabama having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.29% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Alabama
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Alabama.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.