Best Eye Doctors In Foley, AL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Foley Optometrists in Foley, Foley, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Foley reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Foley.
Cobb + Terrezza Optical Foley
309 N McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
Cobb and Terrezza Eye Care Center receives high marks for its helpful, patient, professional staff and Dr. Cobb’s thorough, knowledgeable exams that put patients at ease. The state-of-the-art facility also draws praise, though one reviewer cited issues with overcharging and poor service. In general, reviewers recommend the center for its positive experiences.
- Personalized attention: The staff at Cobb and Terrezza provides one-on-one attention, making the eye exam experience enjoyable.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Patients appreciate the exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff at Terrezza Optical, creating a comfortable atmosphere.
- Thorough and knowledgeable exams: Dr. Cobb is praised for being thorough and providing relevant information during eye exams, instilling confidence in patients' prescriptions.
225 State Farm Pkwy Ste 109, Birmingham, AL 35209
EyeCare Associates receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for Dr. Vanoy’s attentive eye exams and friendly staff. While a few patients reported issues with glasses prescriptions, these appear to be rare occurrences. With knowledgeable, personable service, EyeCare Associates comes highly recommended.
- Dr. Vanoy is thorough, knowledgeable, and personable in conducting eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and provides excellent customer service.
- The office maintains a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
Helena Vision Care
5358 Hwy 17, Helena, AL 35080
Helena Vision Care earns rave reviews for thorough eye exams, welcoming staff, and patient doctors who take time to ensure patients find the right eyewear. Many appreciate the high-tech equipment and immaculate office. Though one customer cited staff issues and delayed glasses, most consider Helena Vision Care a superb option for eye care.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and detailed, giving customers confidence in the quality of care they received.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Customers consistently praised the friendly and welcoming attitude of the staff, creating a positive and comfortable atmosphere for their eye care needs.
- Patient and attentive doctors: Reviews mentioned that the doctors took their time, listened to concerns, and explained procedures thoroughly, showing a high level of attentiveness and patient care.
Harrell Joseph C, OD
1330 N McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
Dr. Harrell receives positive reviews for his expertise and congenial bedside manner. Patients commend his staff for their patience, kindness, and informativeness. His thorough eye exams and no-pressure approach are appreciated. Overall, he provides a comfortable, pleasant patient experience.
- Dr. Harrell and his staff are highly knowledgeable, experienced, and thorough in providing eye exams and diagnosing eye conditions.
- The office has a friendly and helpful staff, creating a comfortable and pleasant experience during and after the eye exam.
- There is no high-pressure sales tactics for glasses or contacts, allowing patients to make informed choices without feeling pressured.
- The office is organized, efficient, and offers easy appointment scheduling.
- Dr. Harrell takes the time to explain the results of the eye exam and answer any questions, providing a calm and comfortable environment for patients.
- The office is great for children, with a staff that is patient and kind during their eye exams.
- The office is conveniently located for locals in Foley, Gulf Shores, and Orange Beach.
- Dr. Harrell is attentive, listens well, and takes the time to address any concerns or questions patients may have.
- The office provides a thorough evaluation of the patient's situation and develops a personalized care plan.
- The office maintains a high level of professionalism and provides excellent care to the entire family.
Eastern Shore Eye Care
118 Lottie Ln, Fairhope, AL 36532
Overall, customers appreciate the eye care center for thorough exams and attentive staff, especially recommending Dr. Montgomery and Dr. Schrock. However, some expressed disappointment with one doctor’s distant manner.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough eye exams, taking their time during the examination process, and explaining the health of their eyes.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and courteous nature of the staff, including the receptionists, technicians, and doctors. They felt welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
- Efficient and fast service: Numerous reviewers were impressed with the efficiency and speed at which they were seen for their eye exams, with minimal wait times. They appreciated being in and out of the office in a timely manner.
105 W I-65 Service Rd N, Mobile, AL 36608
The eye care center receives mostly excellent reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams using advanced technology. While optometrists like Dr. Glusman and Dr. Arleen draw particular praise, negative experiences primarily relate to opticians, not medical care. The majority strongly recommend this practice.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The receptionist, young ladies, and optometrists were praised for their politeness, knowledge, and thoroughness in providing excellent eye care and explaining the eye exams.
- Professional and efficient service: Many reviewers had positive experiences with the prompt appointments, adherence to Covid guidelines, and utilizing advanced technology like x-ray eye exams for early detection. The optometrists were described as professional, thorough, and knowledgeable, creating a comfortable and informative experience for patients.
Southern Eye Group
411 N Section St, Fairhope, AL 36532
Patients appreciate the professionalism and expertise of doctors at the eye care center, especially Dr. Wilder and Dr. Zloty. Reviews praise the thorough eye exams and ability to handle complex issues like cataracts and post-surgery complications. The friendly, helpful staff puts patients at ease.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are knowledgeable, thorough, and provide excellent care. They have expertise in various eye conditions and treatments.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and courteous staff at this center. They are described as being patient, kind, and making patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Convenient locations and short wait times: One review mentions the convenience of multiple locations, making it easier for patients to access their services. Another review mentions short wait times for appointments, indicating efficient service.
2601 S McKenzie St Spc 234, Foley, AL 36535
Customers consistently commended the eye care center’s friendly and knowledgeable staff, including Justin, Dr. Nguyen, Travis, Edna, and more. Appreciated for thorough exams and personalized service. Staff went above and beyond helping with repairs and frames. However, one customer had a poor experience with unhelpful, rude sales staff. Overall excellent customer service and wide selection of frames and sunglasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, highlighting their knowledge and willingness to assist customers in finding the right frames and lenses.
- Prompt and efficient service: Customers mention quick and efficient service, with several instances of staff members promptly fixing or adjusting glasses without charge. This speaks to the center's commitment to customer satisfaction and providing timely solutions to eyewear problems.
- Thorough eye exams and personalized service: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location, with one customer particularly impressed by the detailed review of test results in 3D. The personalized service and attention given by the optometrists and staff also receive positive mentions.
Southern Eye Group
1624 N McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
The Southern Eye Group in Foley, AL is well-reviewed for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, short wait times, and comprehensive exams. Drs. Nguyen and Kidd come highly recommended for their expertise and attentive care. A few patients did note high prices, poor service, and long waits on occasion.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, providing excellent service.
- The eye exams are thorough, utilizing the latest technology to provide in-depth examinations.
- The doctors are experienced, thorough, and take their time to explain findings and prescriptions, ensuring patients feel cared for.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Alabama
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 40-64 in Alabama reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 65 and older. in Alabama, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Alabama
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Alabama.
- The In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (11.8%) compared to the overall population (6.41%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.4%. and In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (11.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.41%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Alabama
- In Alabama, 6.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Alabama
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.36% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Alabama face even higher rates at 7.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Alabama
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Alabama.
- 11.8% of those with diabetes and 11.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Alabama
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.09% of children in Alabama having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.29% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Alabama
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Alabama.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.