Best Eye Doctors In Daphne, AL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Daphne Optometrists in Daphne, Daphne, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Daphne reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Daphne.
Jackson Gregory R OD
2880 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36606
Dr. Jackson provides comprehensive eye exams and care at this highly rated eye center. Multiple reviewers recommend him for his professional, thorough eye exams and willingness to answer questions. While waits may occur, patients describe the staff as friendly and helpful. The office offers a comfortable environment and reasonable prices.
- Highly recommended ophthalmologist: Multiple reviews mentioned Dr. Jackson's expertise and thoroughness during eye exams, making him a trusted choice for eye care.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Reviews consistently mentioned the friendly and polite staff at the office, making the overall experience pleasant. The office also had efficient check-in processes, such as pre-filling paperwork online, which made the process hassle-free.
- Prompt and attentive service: Several reviews mentioned that Dr. Jackson provided prompt and attentive service, being quick to address emergency situations and taking the time to answer questions. He also explained procedures in detail, ensuring patients felt informed and comfortable throughout their visit.
3653 Airport Blvd Suite C, Mobile, AL 36608
Stanton Optical earns mostly positive reviews for their knowledgeable, friendly staff and reasonable pricing. Customers specifically praise employee Michelle. However, some experienced issues with inconsistent pricing and slow glasses delivery.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who provide helpful information and assistance during the eye exam process, including advice on applying and removing contacts.
- Great selection of glasses at affordable prices, with the ability to find stylish frames for both adults and children.
- The staff goes above and beyond to accommodate customers, offering generous assistance and fixing minor problems with glasses without any additional charge.
3291 Joe Treadwell Dr, Mobile, AL 36606
This eye care center is lauded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, speedy eye exams and glasses production, and store manager‚Äôs prompt resolution of any issues. Reviewers praise the professional and patient salespeople, cutting-edge technology, and onsite lens production. Discounts are readily offered. Customers strongly recommend this center for exam and eyewear needs.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this LensCrafters location are praised for being friendly and knowledgeable, making the experience positive and comfortable for customers.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviewers mention receiving their eye exams and glasses in a short amount of time, with one reviewer highlighting how the staff stayed through lunch to ensure they had their glasses on time.
- Modern technology and on-site lens production: The exam area is equipped with modern technology, and lenses are made on location. This convenience can save customers time and provide a seamless experience.
Turner, Ryan J., MD
1302 US-98 E, Daphne, AL 36526
Dr. Turner’s eye care center is highly recommended for its short wait times, efficient exams, and friendly staff. Patients describe Dr. Turner as knowledgeable, caring, and attentive. His consultations, surgeries and spiritual support prior to procedures are well-regarded. The center is known for professionalism, quality care and surgical outcomes.
- Dr. Turner is knowledgeable, professional, and caring, providing excellent consultation and answering all questions.
- The office staff at Dr. Turner's practice is polite, kind, and efficient, ensuring a quick and smooth experience.
- Dr. Turner and his staff provide attentive and personalized care, putting patients at ease and making them feel comfortable throughout the procedure.
Eastern Shore Eye Care
118 Lottie Ln, Fairhope, AL 36532
Eastern Shore Eye Care patients praise the friendly staff, thorough exams, and expertise of Drs. Shrock, Montgomery, and Elkins. However, one review criticized Dr. Montgomery’s dismissive attitude. Most reviews recommend Eastern Shore for quality eye care.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this eye care center were thorough. Patients felt that the doctors took their time and provided detailed explanations about their eye health.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at this eye care center for being friendly, courteous, and patient. From the receptionists to the technicians, patients felt welcomed and well taken care of.
- Short wait times and efficient service: Several reviews mentioned that the wait times to see the doctor were minimal and that the overall service was efficient. Patients appreciated the ease of making appointments and the quick, yet thorough, nature of their eye exams.
105 W I-65 Service Rd N, Mobile, AL 36608
Customers were largely satisfied with their experiences at this eye care center, noting the friendliness and expertise of staff like the receptionist, technicians, and doctors. They appreciated the thorough eye exams, COVID safety measures, and use of new technology. However, one customer complained of a rude, unhelpful optician. In general, customers highly recommended this eye care center for its quality service.
- Staff is polite, knowledgeable, and caring: Multiple reviewers praised the receptionists, technicians, and optometrists for being polite, courteous, and knowledgeable. They also highlighted their caring nature and willingness to help.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Dr. Glusman and his associates were commended for their thoroughness and professionalism during eye exams. Reviewers appreciated the comprehensive assessments and informative updates provided by the optometrists.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Eye Care & Associates were described as friendly, helpful, and patient. Reviewers felt welcomed and supported throughout their visits, from check-in to choosing eyeglasses, and appreciated the attentive and compassionate care provided.
Southern Eye Group
411 N Section St, Fairhope, AL 36532
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its expert and professional doctors, short wait times, thorough exams, friendly staff, caring and attentive doctors, and convenient locations. Patients report positive experiences and quality care.
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviewers praised the expertise and knowledge of the doctors at the eye care center.
- Convenient locations and short wait times: Some reviewers mentioned that the eye care center has multiple convenient locations and short wait times for appointments, making it easy and efficient to receive eye exams and care.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and caring nature of the staff at the eye care center, noting that they felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
Bradley Eye Care Associates
3291 Joe Treadwell Dr, Mobile, AL 36606
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for professional eye exams and attentive staff, particularly Drs. Davis and Bradley. Patients appreciate the convenience of comprehensive services like contacts and glasses fittings. A few negative reviews cite rude staff and unclear billing, so patients should confirm costs upfront.
- Highly skilled and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the exceptional service provided by the staff, including nurses and technicians. They were described as friendly, helpful, and polite.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Many customers expressed satisfaction with the eye exams they received at this eye care center. Reviews mentioned that the exams were thorough, painless, and resulted in accurate vision adjustments.
- One-stop-shop facility: Several reviews highlighted the convenience of this eye care center, stating that they offer a comprehensive range of services including eye exams, fitting for contacts and glasses, as well as ordering and rebate assistance for contacts.
Oculo-Facial Consultants: Mark S. Brown, MD
27961 US-98 #24, Daphne, AL 36526
Dr. Mark Brown receives mostly positive reviews for his knowledge, friendliness, and patient care. Patients appreciate his thorough explanations and the office’s helpful staff. However, one review cited a negative experience with the receptionist and doctor’s treatment.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that Dr. Brown and his staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and made patients feel at ease.
- Excellent surgical skills: Several reviews praised Dr. Brown's surgical skills and reported positive results from procedures such as blepharoplasty, indicating his expertise in performing eye surgeries.
- Thorough and informative: Patients appreciated that Dr. Brown took the time to explain their conditions and answer any questions or concerns they had, making them feel valued and informed about their eye health.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Alabama
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 40-64 in Alabama reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 65 and older. in Alabama, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Alabama
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Alabama.
- The In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (11.8%) compared to the overall population (6.41%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.4%. and In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (11.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.41%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Alabama
- In Alabama, 6.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Alabama
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.36% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Alabama face even higher rates at 7.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Alabama
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Alabama.
- 11.8% of those with diabetes and 11.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Alabama
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.09% of children in Alabama having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.29% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Alabama
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Alabama.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.