Best Eye Doctors In Avon ParkBirmingham, AL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Avon ParkBirmingham Optometrists in Avon ParkBirmingham, Avon ParkBirmingham, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Avon ParkBirmingham reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Avon ParkBirmingham.
UAB Eye Care
1716 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294
The eye care center receives highly favorable reviews for its professional, thorough, and friendly staff. Patients report the comprehensive eye exams are among the best, though extended by the educational aspect. Overall, reviewers strongly recommend the center’s excellent care and service.
- Thorough and Comprehensive Eye Exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received at this center were thorough and comprehensive, leaving them confident in the accuracy of the results.
- Professional and Caring Staff: Many reviewers noted the professionalism and caring nature of the staff, including both the optometrists and the technicians. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the attention and explanations they received during the exams.
- Teaching Environment: The fact that this eye care center is affiliated with UAB School of Optometry was seen as a positive aspect by several reviewers. They mentioned that while the exams may take slightly longer due to the teaching aspect, the professionalism and knowledge of the students and doctors made it a worthwhile experience.
Alabama Vision Center
3928 Montclair Rd #100, Birmingham, AL 35213
Alabama Vision Center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors and friendly, professional staff. A few negative reviews cite isolated scheduling or communication issues, but overall patients highly recommend this practice for quality eye care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center's doctors for conducting thorough eye exams and keeping them informed about any changes in their vision or eye health. They also mentioned that the doctors were knowledgeable about the latest advancements and provided helpful information to improve their eye health.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center. They mentioned that everyone, from the receptionists to the doctors, was kind, caring, and easy to talk to. The staff also provided excellent customer service and took the time to explain procedures, answer questions, and ensure a pleasant experience for the patients.
- State-of-the-art testing equipment: One reviewer specifically mentioned that the eye care center had state-of-the-art testing equipment for various types of eye exams. This suggests that the facility is equipped with modern technology, which can contribute to more accurate and comprehensive eye exams.
2737 US-280 Suite 191, Birmingham, AL 35223
Customers consistently commend the friendly service and thorough eye exams from the doctors and staff at this eye care center, particularly Kim and Ms. Bea. However, one review cited issues with pricing transparency and customer service relating to insurance coverage and fees. Overall, most customers express satisfaction and recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff, including Ms. Bea and Kim, who assist with finding the perfect glasses and frames.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams performed by knowledgeable optometrists.
- Efficient, accommodating service, with same-day appointments available and quick delivery of glasses.
Price Kloess, MD, FAAO
3928 Montclair Rd #100, Birmingham, AL 35213
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive reviews for its clean and efficient office, welcoming and knowledgeable staff, and the thorough, honest, and skilled work of Dr. Kloess in surgeries like cataract and Lasik. While some concerns arose over referrals and billing, most customers had excellent experiences and trusted Dr. Kloess for their vision care.
- Convenient location: The eye care center is easy to find and in a great location, making it more accessible for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The receptionist and technician are welcoming, kind, and helpful. The staff is professional, efficient, and thorough in their care, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- Highly recommended doctor: Dr. Kloess is praised for his pleasant demeanor, honesty, knowledge, attentiveness, and thoroughness in eye examinations. He takes the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel at ease. Several patients highly recommend him and trust him with their eye care needs.
Alabama Eye & Cataract Center, PC
1201 11th Ave S #501, Birmingham, AL 35205
The Alabama Eye and Cataract Center receives high marks for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and successful cataract surgeries. Patients say the doctors take time for thorough exams and personal care. The office staff is complimented on their caring and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams: Many reviews mention the staff's expertise and the comprehensive nature of the eye exams conducted at the Alabama Eye and Cataract Center.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Multiple reviews praise the center for successful cataract surgeries and lens implants, resulting in improved vision.
- Caring and personable staff: The reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, as well as the doctors' willingness to listen, answer questions, and explain procedures in a non-condescending manner.
STEEL CITY EYE CARE
2937 7th Ave S #104, Birmingham, AL 35233
Dr. Hudson provides professional, thorough eye exams and personalized care at Steel City Eye Care. Patients value the cozy, well-kept office, flexible appointment times, and extensive frame selection. Her meticulous exams, quality care, and assistance choosing eyewear make this a recommended eye care center.
- Dr. Hudson is highly praised for her thorough and attentive eye exams, making patients feel cared for and valued.
- The office is cozy and inviting, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for eye care services.
- The availability of appointments outside normal business hours is appreciated, offering convenience to patients with busy schedules.
Mountain Brook Eye Care
921 Jemison Ln, Mountain Brook, AL 35223
Customers appreciated the eye care center’s easy appointment scheduling, extensive frame selection, and excellent service from Dr. Edgerly. Reviewers described the facility as clean and inviting, with a knowledgeable and friendly staff. Neurolens technology and frame variety stood out as positives. Customer service received high marks overall.
- Easy scheduling and quick response for eye exams.
- Extensive selection of frames and luxury eyewear.
- Thorough and educational exams with a focus on patient satisfaction.
Lori A. Jasper, OD
2226 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
The eye care center’s staff is known for their friendliness and attentiveness to patients. Dr. Lori comes highly recommended for her excellent care and bedside manner.
- Staff members are friendly and make you feel important during your visit.
- Dr. Lori is highly recommended and provides excellent eye care services.
700 18th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
The eye doctor is easy to communicate with and treats patients with kindness. Their professionalism, competence and thoroughness inspire confidence. This eye care center provides an excellent patient experience.
- The eye care center has a friendly and patient optometrist who takes the time to answer all questions and ensure understanding.
- The center is highly professional, competent, and thorough, giving patients complete confidence that they are in good hands.
Patricia Benjamin, OD
2019 Highland Ave, Birmingham, AL 35205
The eye care center was well-reviewed for its warm atmosphere and helpful staff. Patients were especially appreciative of Camillia’s guidance in selecting glasses. Dr. Benjamin’s attentive care and experience also earned praise for making patients feel comfortable.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Customers appreciate the warm and inviting atmosphere created by the staff at this eye care center.
- Patient-focused doctor: Dr. Benjamin is known for taking the time to listen to patients' questions and concerns, making them feel valued and ensuring they receive the best care possible.
NowVision Eye Care
2226 1st Ave S STE 103, Birmingham, AL 35233
NowVision Eye Care’s stellar eye doctors offer attentive, thorough eye exams tailored to patients’ habits and needs. Their clean, efficiently-run offices minimize wait times. NowVision and Dr. Jasper earn top marks for professionalism, personalized care, and expertise.
- Prompt and attentive care: Patients appreciate how NowVision Eye Care provides excellent and prompt care. The small staff ensures short wait times and a personalized experience.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Patients highly recommend Dr. Jasper for her thoroughness and knowledge in eye care. She takes the time to listen to concerns and provides informative recommendations.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at NowVision Eye Care is described as friendly and knowledgeable. They provide excellent customer service and go out of their way to assist patients in finding glasses.
Morris Avenue Eyecare
2229 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
Patients consistently commend Dr. Wells and her team at Morris Ave Eyecare for their professionalism, friendliness, and patience with children. They value the staff’s assistance with insurance and eyewear selection. Isolated criticism over glasses handling, though the practice is still highly recommended overall for its exceptional service.
- Professional and welcoming atmosphere with a friendly staff
- Dr. Wells is highly recommended for eye care and is great with kids
- Convenient location and easy access for office visits
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff, particularly with insurance questions and frame selection
- Fantastic customer service and attentive care from the entire team.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Alabama
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 40-64 in Alabama reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 65 and older. in Alabama, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Alabama
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Alabama.
- The In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (11.8%) compared to the overall population (6.41%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.4%. and In Alabama in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (11.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.41%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Alabama
- In Alabama, 6.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Alabama
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.36% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Alabama face even higher rates at 7.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Alabama
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Alabama.
- 11.8% of those with diabetes and 11.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Alabama
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.09% of children in Alabama having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.29% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Alabama
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Alabama.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.